Reporting an Animal-Related Injury with Westminster Animal Control

Animal Control Reporting an Animal-Related Injury with Westminster Animal Control

How to Contact Westminster Animal Control After an Animal-related Injury

If you suffer an animal-related injury, contacting Westminster Animal Control may not seem especially important. It could be very important if you later need to take the animal's owner to court though. Having a Westminster Animal Control report may even save you from going to court if you include a copy with your request for compensation. This article discusses the steps you should take after an animal-related injury and how you can skip these steps with products from DoNotPay. Check out some of the other articles in the Animal Control product series as well.

About Westminster Animal Control

Westminster Animal Control is tasked with ensuring the welfare and safety of the people and the animals of the community. This is accomplished by enforcing laws and ordinances. The law in Westminster requires pet owners to have their pets vaccinated and licensed, which they can do at Westminster Animal Control. The officers promote responsible pet ownership through education. When animal-related injuries occur, officers will take a report of the incident and check the animal's vaccination records. Wild animals or domestic animals with questionable vaccination status must be quarantined for 240 hours.

Westminster Animal Control Location and Hours Of Operation

Officers are available 7 days a week from 8 AM until 6 PM. If you have an emergency, such as an aggressive animal at-large, you must call the after-hours phone number and speak with dispatch.

Address8200 Westminster Blvd. Westminster, CA 92683
Phone Number(714) 548-3201

After-Hours Dispatch: (714) 548-3212

What Is an Animal-related Injury?

The majority of animal-related injuries that Westminster Animal Control investigates are dog bites. But a dog does not have to bite for injuries to occur. A dog could cause you to fall and break an arm or a leg. Sometimes wild animals attack. Even if your injuries are minor, you must report the incident to Animal Control. If you are bitten by a dog or another animal, Animal Control must still determine if the animal has had a rabies vaccine and if not, the animal must be quarantined for 240 hours.

Who Is Liable When You Are Injured by an Animal?

If the animal you were injured by is a pet, then the pet owner is strictly liable for the injuries. That means there is no need to prove that the pet owner acted negligently. The law requires owners to maintain control of their animals in all places, public and private. If the animal that caused your injuries is a wild animal, there is no one to request compensation from for your injuries, it is possibly even more important that the authorities are notified so the animal can be quarantined.

How to File a Westminster Animal Control Report After an Animal-related Injury On Your Own

If you suffer an animal-related injury, you should seek medical attention immediately. After your injury has been treated, you will need to call or visit the Westminster Animal Control office to file a report. Here is a list of things that you will want to make note of so that the information is included in your report. If the need arises to sue for compensation, the Animal Control report could be a great piece of evidence to present.

  1. Date
  2. Time
  3. Location
  4. Full description of the animal: type, size, color, etc.
  5. Owner's contact information if available
  6. How the incident occurred.
  7. Where was the owner when it happened?
  8. Where did the animal go after?

File a Westminster Animal Control Report After an Animal-related Injury Using DoNotPay

After your injuries, you can avoid the Animal Control interview by letting DoNotPay handle the report for you.

How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details. You should hear back from them directly with further questions or confirmation regarding your demands.

Why You Should Use DoNotPay to File a Report After an Animal-related Injury

DoNotPay handles tasks quickly, easily, and successfully. Should you need to sue, the Animal Control report will be very helpful. After DoNotPay files the Animal Control report, there are more the products can do for you. Using the Sue Now product will allow DoNotPay to generate a demand for payment letter to the animal owner and provide you with small claims court filing forms and a script for court.

Products That Work Across Every City and State

The products from DoNotPay work across every city and state in the country. Wherever you live, the Animal Control product, and all of DoNotPay's products, will work for you. Check out some of the other articles from the series.

What Else DoNotPay Can Do

The Animal Control product is just one of many services that DoNotPay offers to save you time and money. Check out some of the other products available and find a few more ways to save time and money quickly, easily, and successfully.

Want your issue solved now?