Report an Animal-Related Incident With West Valley Animal Control

Animal Control Report an Animal-Related Incident With West Valley Animal Control

File Reports With West Valley Animal Control Quickly

While animals can be great companions, they can also be unpredictable. When a dog is scared, untrained, or unsocialized, it can be difficult for owners to control or act aggressively. If you feel threatened or have been attacked by an aggressive dog, it is important that you report it to the right agencies in a timely manner. 

Dog bites and animal attacks can be traumatic. And depending on the amount of medical treatment required, it might end up becoming very expensive. When you file the right reports, it ensures a paper trail, should you decide to press charges or seek compensation. It can also protect others from potential attacks if animal control is able to handle the situation right away. To report animal incidents to the West Valley Animal Control, DoNotPay can help you through the process quickly. 

How Does West Valley Animal Control Serve the Community?

It provides a variety of services to protect animals and citizens, such as:

  • Operation of a no-kill animal shelter
  • Animal adoption services
  • Lost and found assistance
  • Community Cat Program (trap/neuter/release for stray and feral cats)
  • Licensing of dogs, cats, ferrets. and pot-bellied pigs
  • Barking dog complaints
  • Bite reports
  • Promoting responsible pet ownership through education
  • Adhering to and enforcement of city ordinances and state laws

West Valley Animal Control - Contact Details and Hours of Operation

To file a report with West Valley Animal Services in West Valley City, Utah, you can contact them in a variety of ways.

1. Direct Contact Information

Address4522 W 3500 S, West Valley City, UT 84120
Phone number

(business hours)

801-965-5800 (official business hours)

801-840-4000 (after-hours emergencies)

  • Melanie Bennett, Animal Services Director -
  • Douglas Olsen, Field Officer Supervisor -
  • Tess Hartwell, Animal Care & Enrichment Supervisor -
WebsiteWest Valley Animal Control

2. General Hours of Operation

Monday to FridayOfficers are available from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Saturday to SundayClosed

What Do You Do if You Get Bit by a Dog in West Valley?

If you are the victim of a dog bite in West Valley, you should do the following:

Treat the Wound Immediately.

  • Animal attacks can lead to infections, and deep wounds may require stitches or further medical attention.
  • If you require medical care, keep copies of all medical records.

Trade Contact Information With the Dog’s Owner.

  • If they are uncooperative or unavailable, try to get their name, address, license plate or other information from a neighbor or witness if possible.
  • If it's a stray dog, try to pay attention to where it goes, to assist animal control with locating it quickly.

Report the Dog Attack to West Valley Animal Services.

  • Reporting animal attacks gives you proper documentation, and can potentially prevent future attacks.

File a Police Report.

  • If you plan to sue for compensation, you will want all documentation filed in a timely manner.

Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer.

  • A local attorney, experienced with dog bite injuries, can potentially get you compensation for expenses, like medical bills or lost wages, if you sue for dog bite injuries. This can be tedious, time-consuming, and potentially costly upfront, but might be the right course of action for some individuals.

Let DoNotPay Help You File Reports with West Valley Animal Control

Dog attacks can be scary. It can be expensive, especially in the case of serious injuries with complicated medical procedures. If you are stressed out and worried about the entire ordeal, but want to properly handle it in order to seek compensation, DoNotPay can help.

How to Report an Animal-Related Incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).



And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Learn More About DoNotPay's Animal Control Services

DoNotPay wants to save you time and stress. We can report dog bites or other animal incidents anywhere in the country. From Texas to Pennsylvania or Ohio to California, no matter what state, DoNotPay can help. We can report animal attacks in small towns or big cities like AtlantaLos Angeles, or Miami. It doesn't matter if the attack happened at home or while you were traveling, DoNotPay has you covered. 

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

Filing animal incident reports is just one of the many ways DoNotPay serves you. Some of our many other valuable services include:

Let DoNotPay help you today! 

Want your issue solved now?