Stop Unfair Practices by Wescot Credit Services Debt Collectors
Wescot is a debt collection company authorised and controlled by the Financial Conduct Authority. The company works for several organisations in the UK, including large banks, credit providers, energy, and more.
You may receive a letter or call from Wescot Credit Services Debt Collector if you have a delinquent debt. It is not advisable to accept the obligation or give out your personal information when you are contacted. A legit debt collection company will already have your data since your initial creditor authorises them.
Wescot might harass and threaten you to pay your debt. If this happens, it will be against debt collection guidelines, and thus, you can sue them in court. However, suing an established company like Wescot can be intimidating, and the case ruling can be made against you. The good news is that DoNotPay can protect you through its Debt Help product.
What Is Wescot Credit Services Debt Collectors' Phone Number and Why Are They Calling You?
Wescot Credit Services Debt Collectors will contact you at +44 1482 484673. They might call you for the following reasons
- To chase you for payment of the debt you owe
- To plan action to recover outstanding payments
- To negotiate the debt you owe to your creditors
- To handle your debt problems, investigate and resolve your differences
- To create a good customer relationship between you and them to prevent future payment issues
- To update your account status and databases
- When posting your check to ensure a timely credit transfer
- To develop reports on aged accounts
- To comply with legal requirements when necessary
Has Wescot Credit Services Debt Collectors' Violated Your Rights?
Collection agencies may often strong-arm debtors like you so they can collect on your debt. With the increase in harassment cases and situations where debtors are experiencing high levels of anxiety and even depression, laws were created to protect their rights.
If you have experienced any of the following from Wescot Credit Services Debt Collectors, they have violated your rights and it is best that you speak up:
- Calling you outside of the allowed hours which is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Showing up at your home or workplace without prior notice and consent
- Talking about your debts with family members, friends, colleagues or employer.
- Demanding settlement for a statute-barred debt
- Using technical language to cause confusion
- Pressuring you to pay your debt by asking you to borrow
- Calling you whenever they want or calling you late at night
How Long Can Wescot Credit Services Collect Debt From You?
Wescot Credit Services is allowed to try to collect a debt from you for six years. When this period ends, the IVA contract is up and the insolvency practitioner writes off the debt.
What Happens if You Don't Pay Your Debt?
If you ignore Wescot Debt Collectors, you could receive letters and calls from them on a daily basis. The company might sue you in a court of law and get an order to garnish your wage or assets to repay the debt. Additionally, your debt will accrue high-interest rates and eventually affect your credit score.
Can You Get Debt Assistance in the UK?
Yes, you can get assistance to offset your loan via:
- Debt management plan which is an agreement that allows you to make monthly payments
- Debt consolidation loan which consolidates all your current debts into one single debt
- Debt arrangement scheme that will enable you to pay your debt at a fair rate
- Minimal Asset Process that will make your debt to be written off
- Declaring bankruptcy will write off your debt
Is Wescot Credit Services Limited a Scam?
Wescot credit services debt collectors is not a scam. It is a legitimate debt collecting agency registered in the UK and follows debt industry regulations as outlined by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Discover How to Handle Wescot Debt Collectors on Your Own
If Wescot calls you demanding to collect a debt from you, the first thing is to determine its legibility. You should send them a debt validation letter request to verify the debt.
Remember to not sign the letter since signing shows that you accept the obligation to pay it. You should agree to pay if the debt has been proven yours. If it is not yours, the company should remove the debt from your credit card report.
You can reach Wecot Credit Services through:
|Website||Contact Us and Help Centre|
|Phone Number||01482 484673|
|Address||Wescot Credit Services Limited
PO Box 137
Hull HU2 8HF
|Operating Hours||Weekdays: 8 am to 8 pm
Saturdays: 8 am to 4 pm
Doing all of these might take you a lot of time, and that is why you should engage DoNotPay to help you handle Wescot debt collectors from the first step up to the end.
Discover How to Handle Wescot Debt Collectors Using DoNotPay
If Wescot debt collectors have been calling you non-stop for weeks on end, DoNotPay will help you check if they are compliant with debt collection laws. Just answer a series of questions to know the course of action you should take and we can draft the debt validation letter or demand letter on your behalf.
DoNotPay can also file the complaint to a governing body should you choose to.
Ready to kick start clearing your debt? Just do these 3 simple steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
And that’s it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We’ll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the relevant trade association or ombudsman.
DoNotPay Can Negotiate With Other Debt Collectors on Your Behalf
Aside from Wescot Credit Services, we can negotiate with other debt collectors for you. Here are only a few other collection agencies that we’ve dealt with:
Contact us today and allow us to protect you and your debtor rights.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Life can be as difficult or as easy as we choose it to be given our circumstances and sometimes we could all use a helping hand. DoNotPay will help you deal with more of life’s challenges:
- Help With Bills
- Get Free Trials & Don't Get Charged
- Find Unclaimed Money
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
Sign up today and let us solve your crippling concerns so you get to live your best life.