How to Get a Divorce Certificate Online From Wayne County, MI
Divorce certificates are extremely useful to have in your records. This is not any of the court documents or legal records, but the certificate issued by your state's Vital Records department and available on request. Keeping a certified copy of your divorce certificate can make certain major decisions easier to complete, like changing your name or getting remarried.
To obtain a copy of your divorce certificate online in Wayne County, MI, you will need to keep a budget in mind. Rush fees and online processing fees rival the cost of the certificate itself.
DoNotPay can help you get your Wayne County, MI divorce certificate with an easy online process.
Divorce Certificate vs Divorce Decree: The Difference
First, make sure you know which divorce document you want to request. The two most commonly confused are a divorce decree and a divorce certificate. The divorce decree is a court document that officially severs a marriage.
This can be found more reliably through court records. A divorce certificate is created by the vital records department of a county or state and serves as proof of the official record ending of the marriage. A marriage certificate is generally more useful, but you may want both for your personal records.
Who Can Request a Copy of Divorce Certificates in Wayne County, MI?
There does not seem to be a restriction on who can request a divorce certificate copy from Wayne County, MI.
Are There Fees for a Divorce Certificate Copy in Wayne County, MI?
Yes. Wayne County charges a fee per page. The state of Michigan charges a $38 fee in addition to fees for processing speed and special requests.
Can You Get an Online Divorce Certificate from Wayne County, MI?
|Wayne County, MI County Clerk Records Division||
|Michigan State Vital Records||The state of Michigan may also have a record of your divorce certificate. You can request a copy in person or by mail. If you choose to order by mail, you can download and fill out the PDF online before printing,|
|VitalChek||Michigan state records are also available online through VitalChek.com. This service costs a $12.50 processing fee. in addition to the cost of the certificate, print fees, and rush fees.|
Divorce Certificate Applications Online With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can simplify the entire process of getting your divorce certificate. No need for stamps, we will take your information and apply it to the Wayne County or Michigan State records departments until your application is accepted. From there, DoNotPay will let you know when the document is shipped and on its way to your home or office location.
Applying for your divorce certificate online for Wayne County, MI is either expensive or just a half-step to mailing in. DoNotPay has a simple online interface that makes applying for a divorce certificate copy easy.
Use DoNotPay to Order a Wayne County, MI Divorce Certificate Online
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
See? It’s super easy. And there’s a lot more to learn with the app.
DoNotPay Divorce Certificate Info Center
DoNotPay can help you get a divorce certificate anywhere in the US. Check out some other popular articles below:
- Divorce Certificates
- How to Get a Divorce Certificate
- Get Your Divorce Certificate in Texas
- Get Your Divorce Certificate in Arkansas
- Get Your Divorce Certificate in Nevada
- Get Your Divorce Certificate in California
- Get Your Divorce Certificate in New York
- Get Your Divorce Certificate in Florida
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting your essential paperwork is an important part of managing your life. Having your divorce certificate is useful, but only the tip of the iceberg on what DoNotPay can accomplish for your to-do list.
We make it a policy to cut red tape and make pointlessly difficult tasks easy. We like to save you money, save you time, and help you avoid paying for stuff when you don't have to. Explore the dozens of tools and services on DoNotPay. You're sure to cross a few more items off your list.
- Handle Credit Cards Online
- Draft a Divorce Settlement Agreement
- Locate Missing Money and Lost Money in Your Name
- File an Insurance Claim
- Notarize Documents Online
- Address a Stalking or Harassment Issue
- Take Anyone to Small Claims Court