How Water Rebate Programs Can Save You Money
Did you know, on average, people in the U.S. use about 100 gallons of water a day? If you multiply 100 gallons by the estimated 329.5 million people in the country, you can easily see why federal, state, and local governments alongside utility companies often offer rebates on products that their consumers purchase that conserve water, such as water-efficient toilets, faucets, and showerheads. However, in order to claim your rebate, you are often required to mail in your claim form, along with proof of the purchase and other information. If you don't have time to follow the process for filing a claim through the utility's water rebate program, you could potentially lose the money you could have been reimbursed through the purchase. Fortunately, DoNotPay provides a way for you to obtain rebates on your products and services quickly and easily.
Why Are Water Rebate Programs Offered?
Although 75 percent of the world is covered in water, less than 3 percent of that water is freshwater, and much of the freshwater is not accessible to the more than 7 billion people on the planet. Government authorities know that we are in a hard place when it comes to water usage and often works with utility companies and suppliers of water-efficient appliances to provide benefits for those who voluntarily use less water through the purchase of these appliances.
Three Benefits of Participating in a Water Rebate Program (Beyond Protecting the Planet)
The most obvious benefit of participating in a water rebate program is conserving the limited supply of water that most utility companies have available for their consumers' use. However, there are other benefits for you, including these three:
- The ability to save money on your purchase. Unfortunately, water-efficient appliances are often more expensive than traditional ones. However, by taking advantage of the rebate, you can obtain cashback, making the cost of conserving water more affordable.
- Savings on your utility bills through the purchase of systems that use less water.
- The opportunity to improve the value of your home through new and efficient appliances.
How to Claim Your Water Rebate on Your Own
In order to claim water rebates from your utility company for the purchase of water-efficient appliances and features, you should first research what the terms of their rebate program are. This information is often included on the company's website or by calling them during office hours. Most product rebates are claimed through a mail-in or online process in which you provide proof of purchase and other information by the rebate deadline and wait for your rebate to arrive in the mail.
Problems Often Encountered in the Process of Obtaining Water Rebates
While rebates sound wonderful when they're being explained to you in front of the shiny new appliance you plan to purchase, most people fail to claim their rebates once they get home with the product. Some of the problems encountered when claiming a rebate include:
- Remember to mail in your claim or file it online before the deadline. Most rebates must be claimed within 30-90 days of the purchase.
- Take time out of your busy day to file the claim.
- Keep track of your receipt for days or weeks before you finally have the time to deal with the claim.
DoNotPay's Rebates product makes claiming your rebate so easy that you don't mind doing it right away.
Are There Other Types of Rebates I Can Receive Through the Government for Energy Efficiency?
The federal government is currently not offering any federal rebates. However, many local and state governments are working alongside utility providers to offer rebates on ENERGY STAR appliances, such as refrigerators and furnaces, as well as energy-efficient light bulbs, office equipment, or even televisions.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Obtain Your Water or Energy Efficient Appliances Rebate
DoNotPay's Rebates product not only helps you easily file an online rebate claim, but if your rebate requires a mail-in procedure, we can mail the claim on your behalf. Here's how the process works:
- Search rebates on DoNotPay and select the type of rebates offer you want to claim (is it for a car, electronic gadget, household appliance, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including the product name, brand, serial number (if relevant), and whether you bought it online or in-person.
- Select whether the rebate is online or mail-in. Upload your evidence documents, including receipts, and any necessary forms, and confirm your contact information.
That's all you have to do. DoNotPay will file your claim online or through the mail, and you should receive your rebate check within 30 days.
DoNotPay Makes Easy Work of Routine Tasks
DoNotPay makes it easier to claim rebates on the products and services you use, such as water-efficient appliances, electronics, food, or cars, tires, automotive parts, and much more. However, we also make a number of other routine tasks easier as well, such as:
- Filing legal complaints
- New car rebates
- Obtain free product trials without the risk of your credit card being charged
- Find scholarships that are available for you.
For more information about all the ways, DoNotPay can help you save money, avoid getting bogged down in research processes and have more time for the things you want to do by making the things you have to do easier, sign in today.