Conducting a Warrant Search
A warrant can send you to jail even if you did not know you had one. Conducting a warrant search can allow you to take action to prevent jail time, missed work, additional fines and court dates, time, and money. Find out how to conduct a warrant search, then discover how DoNotPay can help you save time and money by handling this and other tasks on your behalf.
Reasons to Do a Warrant Search for Yourself or Someone Close to You
If you have a warrant, even if you are unaware, encountering a police officer could result in jail time, costing you time and money that you do not have to waste. Conducting a warrant search enables you to take action to resolve the situation. In some cases, jail time can be avoided by simply paying a fine.
How to Conduct a Warrant Search on Your Own
There are three methods for conducting a warrant search for yourself or someone else.
|Online Background Check Sites||These sites claim to provide a variety of useful information about anyone and some of them deliver. Sources and information can be confused, inaccurate, or outdated though, and there is always a high price tag attached. These factors make this method risky and questionable.|
|Public Records Search Sites||This option is only available in a few states. In those states, the online portal is generally easy to navigate and provides a good deal of information. The information resulting from searching this way can potentially be outdated or misrepresented because warrants can be held, causing them to not show for this type of search.|
|Direct Contact With Local Police Department or Sheriff’s Office||This method could require you to turn yourself in to complete the warrant process. This can be done by phone or in person and they are required to provide this information upon request.|
What You Should Do if You Discover You Have a Warrant
If you discover that you do have an active warrant for your arrest, these are the next steps you should take.
- Get Information - Find out as much as possible about the terms. Why was the warrant issued and is there any available bond information?
- Retain an Attorney - Speaking with an attorney will help you determine if the issue can be resolved without jail time or if your release can be negotiated prior to turning yourself in.
- Contact a Bondsman - If your bond amount is higher than you can post yourself, contacting a bondsman before turning yourself in ensures you are released as quickly as possible.
- Turn Yourself In - If advised to do so by your attorney, you should make arrangements to turn yourself in with the local police department, but refrain from making any further statements to police unless your attorney has instructed you to do so.
How to Conduct a Warrant Search Using DoNotPay
With the Warrant Lookup product from DoNotPay, you can be sure you are getting the most current information without having to search for hours or speak directly with local law enforcement.
How to Do a Warrant Search Quickly and Easily with DoNotPay:
If you want to do a warrant search quickly and easily but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Check for Warrants product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to search for yourself or someone else, and answer a few questions to help us narrow down the search results, including current and previous addresses, age, the names of parents/relatives, and any known aliases.
- Select how you would like to receive the results in the case where we have to contact the police station on your behalf (by mail or email).
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
Why Use DoNotPay to Conduct a Warrant Search
The Warrant Lookup product from DoNotPay will successfully conduct warrant searches on your behalf quickly and easily, allowing you to save time and money. The product searches public records and even contacts law enforcement on your behalf when necessary. No need to keep searching to ensure the information is correct and up-to-date because DoNotPay has you covered with its Warrant Lookup product.
Or see additional information:
- How To Find Out If Someone Has A Warrant Online Free
- Harris County Warrant Search
- FDLE Warrant Search
- Colorado Warrant Search
- Texas Warrant Search
DoNotPay Works Across All Counties and States
No matter where you live, DoNotPay can save you time and money when conducting a warrant search. The Warrant Lookup product works across all counties and states. Check out the other articles in the Warrant Lookup series.
- How To Find Out If You Have A Bench Warrant
- Oklahoma Warrant search
- Utah Warrant Search
- Sedgwick County Warrant Search
- Las Vegas Warrant Search
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
With all of the products that DoNotPay offers, you will definitely be saving time and money. Let DoNotPay handle time-consuming and confusing tasks that you just do not have time to complete. These are some of the other product series from DoNotPay.
- Sex Offender Search
- Notarize Any Document
- Compensation For Victims Of Crime
- Connect With An Inmate
- Small Claims Court
- File A Complaint
- Defamation Demand Letter