The Hassle-Free Way to Do a Warrant Search in Knoxville, TN
Thousands of Americans have active arrest warrants for minor crimes like failure to pay a traffic ticket. Most of the affected persons don't know they have the warrants.
You must routinely check whether you have an arrest warrant and resolve the issue quickly before it becomes a significant problem. Unfortunately, the standard methods to check for warrants are unreliable, tedious, and time-consuming.
If you need to do a , DoNotPay has an easier and more anonymous option. We'll scan through online public records and determine if you or a loved one have any warrants issued through our new product.
Why Do I Have an Arrest Warrant?
If there is a warrant out for your arrest, you probably won't be notified. It may come as a shock to be arrested when you least expected it. The following are some of the reasons why you have an arrest warrant:
- There is a probable cause you committed a crime
- You failed to appear in court
- Failure to pay child support
- You violated your probation
An Arrest Record vs. an Arrest Warrant: What's the Difference?
An arrest warrant is a document issued by a judge or magistrate granting law enforcement the authority to arrest a suspect or search property. An arrest record is a document of an arrest that is created once a person is arrested. A judge or magistrate has the sole authority to issue an arrest warrant after concluding that there is probable cause for an arrest. A probable cause could be supported by testimony or an affidavit.
How Do the Police Obtain an Arrest Warrant?
A law enforcement officer submits an affidavit to a magistrate or judge to obtain a warrant. The affidavit, which is given under oath, recites information to establish probable cause that a crime was committed by the subject named in the warrant.
What Is Included in an Arrest Warrant?
The following information is included in an arrest warrant:
- Details of the person to be arrested
- The crime for which an arrest has been authorized
- May contain the restriction on how an arrest may be made.
- May contain the bail that a defendant must post after arrest.
How Long Does a Warrant Stay Active in Knoxville, TN?
As per Tennessee law, misdemeanor warrants have to be served within five years. A warrant that was not served, returned, or quashed in the last five years is terminated automatically and expunged from court records. However, the state only applies a statute of limitations to misdemeanor charges.
Who Can Access Arrest Records in Tennessee?
Arrest warrants in Tennessee are public records that anyone can access upon request from a law enforcement agency. The records could come up during a routine background check.
How Do I Find Out if I Have an Active Warrant in Knoxville, TN
The following are the steps to search for an active warrant:
- Visit the Tennessee Open Records Information Services (TORIS)
- Input the details of the person
- Click the option to perform a criminal background search
- Pay the $29 search fee with a major credit or debit card
|Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
(TBI) Phone Number
|Mailing Address||Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
901 R.S. Gass Blvd
Nashville, TN 37216
What Will I Do if My Arrest Record Has a Mistake?
If your arrest warrant has incomplete or incorrect information, you can submit an official challenge to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for the information to be corrected. Follow the steps outlined below to submit a challenge:
- Visit a local law enforcement agency office and have your fingerprints taken on an official fingerprint card. You may be asked to pay a search fee.
- Fill out all the required information on the fingerprint card.
- Mention the inaccuracy on the copy of the arrest record.
- Write a letter highlighting the error and provide your own account of events.
- Take out a cashier's check or money order and pay the required fee. Make it payable to the "Tennessee bureau of investigation."
- Mail the copy of the arrest warrant, the payment, fingerprint card, and the letter to the mailing address above.
The TBI will conduct you to determine whether the criminal record is inaccurate.
How to Do a Warrant Search with DoNotPay
Here's how to do a quick with DoNotPay:
- Go to the Check for Warrants product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to search for yourself or someone else, and answer a few questions to help us narrow down the search results, including current and previous addresses, age, the names of parents/relatives, and any known aliases.
- Select how you would like to receive the results in the case where we have to contact the police station on your behalf (by mail or email).
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
If your county or state doesn't provide online records, we'll contact the police station on your behalf and request copies of any matching warrants.
DoNotPay Makes Warrant Search in Knoxville, TN Easy
You or your loved one could have an active warrant of arrest without your knowledge. DoNotPay can help you check to see if you have any warrants for minor incidents so that you resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- Learn about FDLE warrant searches
- Learn how to search for a warrant in Utah
- See if you have a warrant in Las Vegas
- Find out how to do a warrant search online for free
- Perform a quick and easy Harris County warrant search
- Discover if you have a warrant in Oklahoma
- See if you have a warrant in Texas
- Quick Sedgwick County warrant search
- Find out who has a warrant in Colorado
- Learn about a bench warrant
Join us today to save time and money!