How to Look Up a Warrant Search in Charleston, SC
Arrest warrants are more common than you may think. If there is a warrant for your arrest, it's in your best interest to find out, before the police show up at your door or workplace. That's why DoNotPay came up with a product that can do a for you.
What Is an Arrest Warrant?
An is a legal document that allows law enforcement to take the individual named to be taken into custody. To obtain an arrest warrant, a police officer, sheriff, or other municipal authority must explain to a judge the probable cause for the warrant. Once issued, an arrest warrant does not expire unless new evidence eliminates the probable cause.
What is Probable Cause?
According to Big Fish Bail Bonds, probable cause is based on evidence that indicates a crime has been or is about to be committed. Such evidence can come from video, audio recordings, or statements made by eyewitnesses. A search-and-seizure warrant may also be issued when the evidence is enough for a reasonable person to believe:
- The person named in the warrant has committed a crime
- The location to be searched is a crime scene
- The location to be searched holds evidence of a crime
- The property to be seized is contraband or evidence of a law-breaking
Why Arrest Warrants Are Issued
There are several reasons why a Charleston judge might issue a warrant for your arrest. In addition to probable cause, a warrant may be issued for:
- Probation violation
- Failure to appear in court
- A warrant was issued in another state
- Failure to pay court-ordered child support
It's no fun to be surprised by a warrant for your arrest. If you suspect that a judge has authorized an arrest warrant in your name, you really should find out right away. The best way is to do a .
How to Search for a Charleston, SC Warrant by Yourself
In Charleston County, you can put your first and last name into a search box to see if a warrant exists. The searchable database is not guaranteed to be accurate, however. For more reliable information, call the Charleston County Sheriff's Office Warrants Unit at (843) 202-1700 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm.
Alternately, you can visit the sheriff's office in person at 3691 Leeds Avenue in North Charleston, but do bear in mind that if there is indeed a warrant for your arrest, you may be taken into custody on the spot.
There are many police departments in Charleston County, each of which may provide info about an arrest warrant:
|Police Departments||Contact Number|
|Charleston College Department Of Public Safety||(843) 953-5609|
|Charleston County Aviation Authority Police Department||(843) 767-7034|
|Charleston Police Department||(843) 577-7434|
|Folly Beach Police Department||(843) 588-2433|
|Isle Of Palms Police Department||(843) 886-6522|
|Lincolnville Police Department||(843) 871-6220|
|Mount Pleasant Police Department||(843) 884-4176|
|North Charleston Police Department||(843) 554-5700|
|Sullivan's Island Police Department||(843) 883-3198|
|The Citadel Department Of Public Safety||(843) 953-5114|
|Trident Technical College Department Of Public Safety||(843) 574-6053|
Again, understand that if you visit any local police or sheriff office, and there is a warrant, you can be handcuffed and taken into custody with no further explanation.
A Safer Way to Find Out About an Arrest or Search Warrant in Charleston, SC
If you want to do a warrant search without frustration in Charleston but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Check for Warrants product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to search for yourself or someone else, and answer a few questions to help us narrow down the search results, including current and previous addresses, age, the names of parents/relatives, and any known aliases.
- Select how you would like to receive the results in the case where we have to contact the police station on your behalf (by mail or email).
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
Yes, it's as simple as that! DoNotPay's artificial intelligence lawyer will find out if you have an outstanding warrant and let you know. By the way, DoNotPay’s warrant search service works in every state, not just South Carolina. DoNotPay can find:
- Search warrants in Utah
- Search warrants in Las Vegas
- Search warrants in Sedgwick County
- Search warrants in Colorado
- Bench warrants in any state
- Search warrants in Harris County
- Search warrants issued by Florida law enforcement
- Search warrants in Oklahoma
- Search warrants anywhere in Texas
Many states don't maintain arrest warrants as easy-to-find public records. We'll scan for those first, and if necessary, we will compose and send a request to your local authority on your behalf.
DoNotPay Has Been Helping People Like You Since 2015
When we first started, DoNotPay did one thing: Helping people get out of paying parking tickets. We still do that, of course, but today, our AI robot lawyer assists with all sorts of legal and civil issues including;
- Filing for bankruptcy
- Getting a fishing license
- Legally breaking a lease
- Recovering a banned social media account
Any task you wish to accomplish can be made easier with the assistance of DoNotPay. Once we've helped you search for warrants in Charleston SC, .