All About VRChat's Terms of Service
is a unique way to experience the internet in all its weird and wonderful glory. If you've got a VR headset, you can drop yourself into the middle of 3D worlds and connect with other users across the world.
VRChat Terms of Service
is a unique service that connects users from all over the internet into a shared digital space via their VR headsets. As such, there are several unique considerations found within their terms of service. As of November 25, 2020 (the last time it was updated), here are some of the major points in the TOS you should know about:
- You must be 13 or older to use the service (anyone under 18 needs parent or guardian approval).
- If you're from a country sanctioned by the United States or on some kind of watch list, you're not allowed to use VRChat.
- If you've had your account suspended in the past, you're not allowed to make another.
- The VRChat team isn't obligated to provide support to users.
- If you're ever asked to pay for something, you'll have the opportunity to review the transaction before accepting or declining.
- Any content you create and use in VRChat is allowed to be reproduced, modified, transferred, etc. by the platform for purposes like showing it to other users or formatting it to appear properly.
- If you upload something to VRChat, you certify that you're either the owner or have permission to use it.
- Users are not allowed to upload content that's hateful, obscene, pornographic, etc.
- VRChat is not obligated to remove or modify user content but may do so at its discretion with or without warning.
- You're not allowed to engage in or promote illegal activity while using VRChat.
- You can terminate your agreement at any time by deleting your account.
What Happens If the VRChat Terms of Service is violated?
Violating the VRChat terms of service can cause some issues for you. If you're behaving badly, trying to tamper with the service, or otherwise causing problems, you may receive a warning. However, any violation of the TOS can result in account termination or ban without warning. While this is uncommon for a minor offense, it's best to know what's in the terms and to follow the rules so that this doesn't happen.
VRChat's Arbitration Clause Explained
Like many companies, VRChat stipulates in its TOS that any dispute you have with the company is to be settled in arbitration, not in court. Arbitration is under the jurisdiction of California law. To get more specific, here's what to know about arbitration with VRChat:
Waiving Rights to Trial
By agreeing to settle any disputes in arbitration, you waive your right to a trial. You also waive the right to join a class-action suit should one ever occur.
You have the option of opting out of the arbitration clause within 30 days of agreeing to the rest of the VRChat TOS. You can do this without it affecting the rest of the TOS agreement.
While the majority of issues you might have with VRChat will be handled in arbitration, certain exceptions can be taken to court. For example, you can bring an individual action to a small claims court, and can petition the court to enforce a ruling or for injunctive relief. You can also take the company to court over intellectual property disputes.
How to Sue VRChat for TOS violations
If you've found a TOS violation and qualify for a lawsuit by meeting one of the exceptions or by opting out of the arbitration clause, DoNotPay can help. To get the ball rolling, just use the Sue Now product found on our page to demand compensation from the company.
How to analyze VRChat's TOS on your own
Analyzing VRChat's terms of service for problems or inconsistencies on your own is doable, but it takes a lot of time and effort to do it right. Even if you do find something wrong, you might not even have an idea of what to do from there. Using DoNotPay takes care of these issues in a snap by taking the burden off of you and onto us.
All that having been said, if you're up to the challenge of reviewing everything on your own, here are some things to look out for:
- Anything written in all capital letters.
- The arbitration policy (review our section for more specifics).
- Waiving your right to privacy.
- The policy on data collection.
- The regulations on content you can and can't upload.
- Limits of liability for things you encounter while using VRChat.
Let DoNotPay Analyze the VRChat Terms of Service for You
If you're tired of reading through VRChat's TOS, it's a simple matter for DoNotPay to do it for you. Just follow these steps to get started:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
DoNotPay will generate a demand letter on your behalf with every legal violation we identified that you can send to the company.
DoNotPay can analyze the TOS of many companies
DoNotPay's services aren't just limited to VRChat. No matter the company, we can analyze their terms of service to help you better understand what your rights and responsibilities are when using their service. Some of our most useful TOS analysis services include:
What else can DoNotPay do?
You can do a lot more with DoNotPay besides just understanding the terms of service pages. We offer a variety of services to our users, including:
- Filing breach of contract suits.
- Getting chargebacks and refunds.
- Standardizing legal documents.
- Filing complaints.
No matter what you might need doing, DoNotPay can help you do it. Try the app today to start simplifying your life in a big way.