The Best Way to Fight or Waive VOO Fees
VOOs represent broad market low-risk investments. As part of the S&P 500, these stable funds earn consistently over time, making sense for the long-range investor.
Though relatively straightforward, VOO funds do include fees. Due to the diversity of these investments, when appealing a fee, DoNotPay's product works perfectly to help you
As part of the S&P 500, Vanguard leads the way in distributing ETFs and other VOO-related funds.
Understanding Vanguard VOO Fees
Many services like VOO charge fees for their services. The following fees apply for Vanguard VOO products:
- Brokerage accounts- $20 annually for each EFT and Mutual Fund accounts with a balance under $10,000
- Simple IRAs- $25 annually for each fund in the IRA
- 403b plans- $5 monthly for each participant
- 401K- $20 annually for each Vanguard account
- Personal Advisor fee- .30% of the funds under management
- Digital Management Advisor fee- .15% of the funds under management
It's important to note that in the case of the 401K plan, the more diversified the account, the more expensive the fees.
Tips to avoid Vanguard VOO fees:
Though the fees for VOO accounts may seem numerous, ways do exist to avoid them. For instance:
- For Mutual Fund accounts, Vanguard will waive the fee of $20 annually if you sign up for e-services that allow you to receive statements, privacy notices, and other communications electronically.
- Maintaining a balance of $10,000 or more will waive brokerage and mutual funds fees.
- The $25 annual fee for 401K and IRA accounts disappears if the client possesses at least $50,000 in assets at Vanguard.
- The $5 monthly fee for 403b plans represents a fixed fee for every participant.
How to fight VOO fees on your own:
The fact that VOO fees are straightforward and the ways to avoid them also laid out concisely eliminates most incidents to appeal a fee. But timing issues regarding balances and other variables may cause some clients to question a fee.
To appeal or challenge a VOO fee, follow these steps:
- Document the circumstances and relevant dates of the fee in dispute.
- If you use the Personal Advisor service, contact your advisor with the information.
- You may also call Customer Service at 1 877 662 7447.
- You may also chat with a representative through Facebook Messenger.
Make fighting and appealing VOO fees easier with DoNotPay
However you decide to appeal the fee, documentation represents an essential part of the process. But, holding on the line for a representative or engaging in a Facebook chat often becomes an exercise in wasted time and frustration.
You will want to get any misplaced fees resolved, especially if it's a monthly charge. DoNotPay offers an efficient way to appeal your VOO fees.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
DoNotPay gives you three great reasons they're the best in helping you fight fees:
The benefits of using DoNotPay to solve your problem with unwarranted fees are summarized in three simple features:
- Fast—You won't waste time making appointments with your advisor or waiting on hold for a representative.
- Easy—With DoNotPay, you follow just three simple steps and let our professionals take care of the rest.
- Successful—At DoNotPay, we work to bring the best results for your individual situation.
DoNotPay will help you appeal and fight fees from all these companies with just a click of a button
The DoNotPay product to help you fight or waive fees extends to many other situations and companies. Click on the links below for step-by-step instructions for challenging questionable fees and charges:
What else can DoNotPay do to make your life easier
As the nation's first robot lawyer, DoNotPay helps you save time and frustration on everything from major legal issues to everyday minutia. For example, you may want to set up all your monthly bills with the DoNotPay bill paying service.
DoNotPay makes it easy to report and receive reimbursement for unauthorized charges. You may also submit charges for unreceived or faulty merchandise or services for a refund.
Follow the links below to check out some other ways DoNotPay will save you time and money.
Try it today and see how much money you can save with DoNotPay.