Military Protection: How to Get the Veterans Pension You Deserve
Every member of the military deserves a great deal of respect for their choice to serve our country. And, there's no doubt that these brave men and women should be provided with the care and benefits they need. One veteran’s benefit that some Wartime Veterans may be entitled to is Veterans Pension. Applying for the veterans’ pension benefit through the Veterans Administration can be tedious, difficult, and time-consuming.
In order to apply for Wartime Veterans Pension benefits, you'll need to provide a long list of documents, apply within a specified time period, and wait until a decision is made on your fate. Who has time for that? Instead of trying to wade through mountains of government forms, scrambling to find the right documents, and stressing yourself out, apply with DoNotPay.
Who Is Eligible for Veterans Pension?
The Veterans Pension program provides a monthly payment to certain Veterans based on when the individual served, age or disability requirements, as well as income limits.
You may be eligible to file for this military benefit if at least one of these things is true about your service:
- Your active duty began prior to September 8, 1980, you served at least 90 days on active duty, and you served at least 1 day during wartime.
- Or, you began active duty as an enlisted person after September 7, 1980, served 24 months, or your full active duty term with at least 1 day during wartime.
- Or, you were an officer who began active duty after October 16, 1981, who had not served on active duty for at least 24 months previously.
In addition to the above, you must also meet at least one of the following criteria to qualify for Veteran Pension Benefits:
- You must be 65 years old or older.
- You are permanently and totally disabled.
- You're a patient in a long-term care home or nursing facility due to a disability.
- You receive Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income.
How Do I Know if I Am Considered a Wartime Veteran?
When applying for Veterans Pension, you'll want to make sure that you're indeed eligible for this type of military benefit. Determining whether you've served during wartime can be difficult. Currently, there are six specific wartime periods the VA recognizes including:
- Mexican Border Period - May 9, 1916, to April 5, 1917
- World War I - April 6, 1917, to November 11, 1918
- World War II - December 7, 1941, to December 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict - June 27, 1950, to January 31, 1955
- Vietnam War - November 1, 1955, to May 7, 1975, for Veterans who served in the Republic of Vietnam. August 5, 1964, to May 7, 1975, for Veterans who served outside the Republic of Vietnam.
- Gulf War - August 2, 1990 - future date yet to be determined.
If your military service coincides with any of the dates listed above, and you meet the other eligibility requirements for the VA, it's time to apply for your well-deserved wartime military member benefits.
How to Request Your Veterans Pension Benefits
As a Veteran who has served during wartime, who meets the criteria mentioned above, you're eligible to apply for Veterans Pension. In order to speed the process up, you will want to gather all the information listed here before you start the application process:
- Your Social Security number or VA file number (required)
- Proof of Military history
- Your Medical Information (Proof of Disability)
- Your Personal Financial Information
- Financial Information for your dependents
- Your Work history
- Bank Account Direct Deposit information for payments
Once you have the information you need, there are several ways to file for your Veterans Pension including:
|Apply Online||If you're computer savvy and you want to apply online, you can visit the VA website and begin the application process anytime. You'll be able to upload documents and track the application process.|
|Apply By Mail||If you'd rather complete a paper application, request or download VA Form 21P-527EZ, complete the form, attach the required documents, and mail the application to the VA per the instructions.|
|Apply In-Person||If you need assistance completing your application, you can make an appointment with your local VA office. A trained professional will assist you with your application for VA benefits.|
Trouble Applying for Veterans Benefits? Do This
You know that you deserve your Military Veterans Pension and you also know it's not easy to get what you deserve. If you've been trying to get your well-earned veterans benefits and you're not getting anywhere, it's time to change strategies. Get everything that's coming to you with the help of the world's first robot lawyer, DoNotPay.
Can DoNotPay Really Help Veterans Apply for Veterans Pension?
Absolutely! In addition to assisting veterans with applications for Veterans Pension, DoNotPay can help with a wide variety of benefit program applications. Just a few of the things that DoNotPay can help you apply for include:
- Veteran Death Benefits
- Veterans Health Insurance
- Veterans Home Loans
- Veterans Benefits for Assisted Living
- Benefits for Disabled Veterans
- Veteran Burial Benefits
- Veteran Education Benefits
How to Get Your Military Veterans Pension With DoNotPay
You absolutely deserve to be honored for your service in wartime and that means you should receive the veterans benefits you're entitled to without problems. When you work with DoNotPay to apply for military benefits you've earned, you avoid the hassles of dealing with the VA and you get results fast.
How to Get Veterans Pension Benefits with DoNotPay
If you want to find veteran benefits for yourself or a loved one, including Veterans Pension with DoNotPay but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search for and open the Military Protection product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether you want to 1) locate the nearest VA office, 2) access veteran benefits, or 3) locate service records.
- Answer a simple set of questions so our chatbot can collect the necessary information to help you and find the nearest office or fill out the appropriate forms.
Why Use DoNotPay to Apply for Veteran Benefits
Getting your benefits from the VA is extremely important for you and your family, but it's not the only thing you have to worry about. Forget about spending hours dealing with government forms, red tape and long waits. With DoNotPay, applying for your military benefits is:
- Quick Application — There are no long, complicated forms to complete, no endless lines to stand in, and you don't have to wait on hold for hours.
- Easy Process— Just complete some basic information, answer a few questions, provide the required documents, and let DoNotPay do the rest.
- Get Your Benefits—You can rest assured that you've done everything right so your Veteran Pension benefits are approved quickly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for Me?
Helping you get the military benefits you deserve is just one of the things that DoNotPay can do for you. This innovative new app is able to handle a huge variety of tasks so you can protect yourself and your family. Just a few of the things that DoNotPay does include:
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Fight Email Spam
- Fight Text Spam
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
- File Insurance Claims
- Get Robocall Compensation
- Schedule Appointments With the DMV
- And so much more...
If you're ready to get the benefits you deserve for your military service, visit DoNotPay today to start the process of applying for your Veterans Pension or other Veterans Benefits. It's fast, easy, and convenient.