How to Get a Utah Fishing License Easily With DoNotPay
Utah is home to a wide variety of amazing lakes to fish in. You'll find the Great Salt Lake, the shallow Utah Lake, Lake Powell, Bear Lake, Mirror Lake, and many, many more. All you need is a fishing license, and you're good to go. After all, Utah is known for its incredible national parks and natural beauty, and this extends to the availability of prime fishing.
While Utah is known for its natural beauty, getting a fishing license isn't exactly known for being easy. You have to know the different kinds of fishing licenses you need, the dates they're available to use, the costs associated with each kind, and where to go to get the license. DoNotPay can help you get a Utah fishing license with ease.
Do You Need a Fishing License in Utah?
- You're under 12 years of age
- You're attempting to fish on Free Fishing Day
- If you're part of a youth group you may be able to hold a fishing event for individuals under 15. This depends on each unique situation and you will have to contact the Wildlife Division Office for more information
- If you have an illness or physical disability, you may qualify for a free fishing license
What Do I Need to Know About Fishing Licenses in Utah
This is where things can get a bit confusing. Utah offers a variety of fishing licenses. The main levels are:
- Three-day fishing license. These are consecutive days.
- Seven-day license. Also for consecutive days.
- Year-long license. This is activated starting the day you buy it.
- Multi-year license. This also includes small game hunting.
The longer your fishing license is good for, the better bang for your buck you'll get. Additionally, the majority of these licenses can also be bought by non-residents at a higher cost. Fishing licenses can also be bought for certain areas in neighboring states, which are called reciprocal licenses.
How Much Does a Utah Fishing License Cost?
This, of course, depends on the type of license you're trying to purchase.
|Type of License||Amount|
|Reciprocal licenses in certain areas||$10|
How Can I Buy a Fishing License in Utah?
You can buy your Utah fishing license at wildlife.utah.gov. You can also call their wildlife division's office and pay over the phone. Keep in mind that you will be responsible for understanding when your Utah fishing license expires and renewing it accordingly.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Something that's very important to keep in mind, is that you need to always have your fishing license on you when you decide to go fishing. This can either be in its physical form or a digital copy you have from the available app you can download on your phone. If you're caught fishing and found to not have a fishing license, you can actually get into legal trouble and have your license taken away from you. Plus, if you can't at least provide proof of your current license when you need it, it will end your fishing day early at the very least.
How DoNotPay Can Help
With all of this information, it's no wonder a lot of people get confused when purchasing a fishing license. Plus, this is all information you'll need to know before even taking into account the type of fish you're allowed to catch and keep, the amount you're allowed to catch, what you can use as bait, etc. Take a little of the pressure off and let DoNotPay help you with getting your fishing license. DoNotPay can determine if you need a license, which type of license you might need, and how you can get the license, and then we will purchase the fishing license on your behalf. It really doesn't get much easier than that.
How to get your fishing license using DoNotPay:
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
Should You Use DoNotPay to Get Your Fishing License in Utah?
DoNotPay is a great choice to use when trying to get your fishing license in Utah. We are fast, secure, and very easy. You can certainly get your fishing license on your own, but it can get a little complicated and time-consuming. Save your time and use DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you solve any problem, not just about getting your fishing license, but also;
Join us today to get your Utah fishing license in a breeze!