How to Request UT Medical Records From the University of Tennessee Medical Center
The University of Tennessee Medical Center is known for its academic prowess in research, technology, and treatment. In addition, the community respects it for providing patient-centered care and serving as a referral center for other regions.
The UT Medical Center separates hospital records and stores them separately from physicians' records. To access your medical records, you will need to submit your authorization form online or at the office.
While you can easily submit your request to access your medical records, it may be a tedious task, especially if you are trying to access different records. Not to worry, because DoNotPay has a Request Medical Records product that allows you to request your medical records without going through the hassle of filling out forms and following up.
What Types of Medical Records Are Restricted From Being Released?
The UT Medical Center only releases hospital records for inpatient and outpatient services only. If you have been with a specialist, it's best to consult the specialist for the specific medical records for the time you visited the specialist.
Other than that, the UT Medical Center is obligated to allow you to access all your medical records without any restrictions. However, some of the records that may be restricted include:
- Records are prepared for use in the court of law as evidence in a lawsuit.
- Doctor's notes on the patient's psychological treatment.
- Records that contain information that could jeopardize the safety or health of the patient or others.
- If the patient requests the medical center to withhold some of the records from other people like the family members.
- Records that reveal information on a newsworthy case like an incident of terrorism or violence.
Such restricted medical records are only accessed by authorized persons, and they must present proper authorization documents. For example, medical records prepared for use in court are only received by the legal practitioners authorized to do so.
How to Request Medical Records From the University of Tennessee Medical Center
The UT Medical Center allows patients to obtain their medical records in two ways: in-person and online.
Access Medical Records in Person
You'll need to walk up to the medical records office and fill out the authorization form there. Once you submit it, the institution will organize your medical records and send them to you through your preferred delivery method.
Access Medical Records Online through the HealtheLife Patient Portal
The University of Tennessee Medical Center has an organized patient portal that allows patients to access their information easily. Here's how to access your electronic health records through the online portal.
- Log in to the HealtheLife Patient Portal
- Find the "View Medical History" tab and click on it.
- You can fill out the authorization forms from the portal.
- Confirm the authorization and submit it.
The UT Medical Center will receive your application and give you access to your medical records. A charge may apply for the copies of medical records.
According to the State of Tennessee, hospitals should charge the following for copies of medical records.
- A fee of $18.00, which shall include the first five pages of the medical record
- $0.85 per page for pages 6-50
- $0.60 per page for pages 51-250
- $0.35 per page for all pages thereafter
- The actual cost of mailing
- A fee for certifying medical records, not to exceed $20.00 for each record certified
All medical records are charged, including those sent to another medical practitioner and those used to request workers' compensation.
For Other Medical Providers, the charges apply as follows:
- The fee shall not exceed $20.00 for medical records five pages or less in length
- $0.50 per page for each page copied after the first five pages
- The actual cost of mailing
If you would like to contact UT Medical Center concerning your medical records, you can use the following information.
|University of Tennessee Medical Center Contact Information|
|Mailing Address||UT Medical Center
1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920
How to Request Medical Records From the University of Tennessee Medical Center With the Help of DoNotPay
Through DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product, you can access your medical records without hassle.
Here's how it works:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your request for medical records to your health care provider within a few days, and you should have your records received within a few weeks!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Whether you are looking to learn about medical records or how you can access your medical records from many years ago, DoNotPay has everything you need.
DoNotPay not only helps you request but also assists you in accessing:
- Kaiser medical records
- Mercy medical records
- Baptist medical records
- Cleveland Clinic medical records
Check out DoNotPay's Request Medical Records product for more information.