Smart Hack That'll Get Your USPS Passport Fees Waived Fast
There are numerous hidden costs and fees when applying for a US passport . Due to these charges, a passport becomes a significant expense when planning an international trip. However, the US State Department offers cost waivers to help cover the application fee.
Many people apply for the waiver to save money on the high expense of travel. Unfortunately, the application for a is not a walk in the park. Apart from the long queues due to the high number of applicants, the application process is laborious.
Luckily, DoNotPay has created the Fight and Waive product that lets you and get back your money. Read on to learn about United States Postal Service (USPS) passport fees and how our product can help you.
What Are the Common USPS Fees?
You will be required to pay two . They include a constant $35 execution fee on the passport card and passport book, and a varying application fee as detailed below:
|Item||If Applicant is
Over the Age of 16
|If Applicant is
Under the Age of 16
|Passport book and card||$160||$115|
Eligibility Requirements for the USPS Passport Fee Waiver
As previously stated, only the application fee is waived. To qualify for a fee waiver, you must fall within one of the following eligibility categories of the State Department:
- Be a government employee traveling on official business
- Be a dependent of an employee who's on official business
- Be visiting gravesites or memorials overseas as a relative of a fallen United States Armed Forces member
To visit grave sites and memorials, you will need an American Battle Monuments Commission letter. This commission is responsible for 26 monuments and 24 military graves located in foreign countries that remember Americans who died primarily in World Wars.
Remember, if you are submitting a letter to the American Battle Monuments Commission, ensure you include a completed standard passport application and information about the deceased military member memorialized or buried overseas. The battle monument passport is only valid for five years.
What to Expect During the USPS Fee Waiver Application
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may apply through your sponsoring organization like:
- Peace Corps
- U.S. military
- Department of the federal government
Contact your State Department or congress member if you require a passport for a purpose other than official government business.
To have your passport processed, it will take four to six weeks for the routine service, and the expedited service, on the other hand, will take two to three weeks. Still, wait times may vary depending on demand and State Department staffing levels.
Before submitting your application, verify that you qualify for a fee waiver. Any mistake could result in an extended wait. It is also essential to consider involving a third party in the application process to ensure that your application is proceeding as planned, thus reducing your wait time. DoNotPay has a product tailored to helping you apply for waivers quickly and efficiently.
How to Use DoNotPay to Fight and Waive USPS Application Fee
All you have to do is:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Legal paperwork is always easier with DoNotPay.
Why Should You Involve DoNotPay in Your USPS Application Fee Waiver Process?
While still maintaining integrity and being a very transparent website, our platform is:
- Quick - You won't have to wait for unnecessary long waiting periods since we ensure we file your passport fee waiver as soon as you provide your details. This significantly reduces the amount of time you would wait.
- Straightforward - Our website is easy to navigate. We employ the most basic terminology to guarantee that you do not make mistakes and everything is outlined correctly.
- Successful - Our products are dedicated to solving your specific problem. Therefore, you may rest confident that we'll build the most robust possible case for you.
- Hands-on - We do not just employ artificial intelligence in our operations; instead, we walk with you every step of the application almost as if we are physically together. We personalize every application based on how you want it to be.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you fight and waive fees from other companies including:
- eBay fees
- Coinbase fees
- Chase checking fees
- Robinhood fees
- Paypal seller fees
- Spirit Airlines baggage fees
- American Airlines baggage fees
- HOA fees
- Etsy fees
- Shopify fees
Contact us today to help you quickly and save money.