Remove Usdoe Glelsi Collection Accounts on Your Credit Report Without Hassle
U.S. Department of Education (Usdoe)/ Great Lakes Educational Loan Services Inc (Glelsi) is a student loan servicer and guarantor. The debt collection agency has its offices in Madison, Wisconsin. It purchases debt from different creditors whose efforts to collect debt amount themselves has proved futile. takes up the responsibility and sends you a debt validation letter while demanding payment. Once the collection agency intervenes, all that information reflects in your credit report and harms your creditworthiness. Also, sometimes, collection accounts may appear in your credit report erroneously. If you realize this, you will want to clean up the report so as to fix your credit score. Generally, removing information such as collections, late payments, and inquiries can help improve your credit scores.
To do that, you need to send a dispute letter to the collection agency or the credit bureau to dispute your credit report. DoNotPay knows there's a lot of paperwork involved and has therefore come up with a solution. Our Clean Credit Report product can help clean up your credit report quickly and fix your credit score.
How to Remove Usdoe Glelsi Collection Account on Your Own
1. Send a Dispute Directly to Usdoe/Glelsi
You can send a dispute letter to a . The letter should have the following details:
- Your contacts name, address, and telephone number
- The error you wish the collection agency to rectify
- Request for rectification
- Reason for seeking the rectification
Attach a copy of the credit report highlighting the disputed items to your letter and send it to Usdoe/Glelsi through the following:
|Mailing Address||Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.
2401 International Ln
Madison, WI 53704
|Local Phone Number||(800) 236-4300|
|Internationa Number||(608) 246-1700|
2. Contact the Credit Bureau
Your other option is to send your dispute letter to credit reporting bureaus. The three popular credit reporting companies are TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian.
Tips to Successfully Disputing Your Credit Report
- Clearly include your details on top. Putting the details such as your name, social security number, and account numbers on the top of the dispute letter allows the collection agency or credit bureau to find the information easily.
- Be concise. Describe your dispute with a concise message. You only need to pinpoint what you think is incorrect but not 'why.' Therefore, be specific about the details of your dispute without giving the back story.
- Provide supporting documents. Include supporting documents to make your case stronger. These include copies of statements, checks, and correspondence with your creditor. Generally, anything that proves the error is worth including but ensure you send copies and remain with the originals for your records.
Next Steps for Usdoe Glelsi Collection Accounts Removal if You Can't Do It Yourself
You may reach out to Usdoe/Glelsi and a credit reporting company, but that is not an assurance that they will help clean up your credit report. They may fail to respond or even decline your request. That would mean that your credit report would continue displaying the collection account. However, don't give up; let DoNotPay handle this for you. DoNotPay is a legal solution that can help you clean your credit report easily and with an assurance of success.
Remove Usdoe Glelsi Collections Accounts With the Help of DoNotPay
Do you want to remove Usdoe/Glelsi collection accounts from your credit report? DoNotPay can help you achieve exactly that in three easy steps. Here's how to clean up your credit report with the help of DoNotPay:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report, and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
DoNotPay has other credit products to help you, including Credit Limit Increase, Keep Unused Cards Active, Get My Credit Report.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay wants to see you breathe a little easier by helping you deal with any issues you may face. Other than helping you clean up your credit report, DoNotPay can also do the following:
- Help with bills
- Help you to make cancellations
- Assist you in getting financial aid appeal letters
DoNotPay is the place to go for help in all that give you trouble. Reach out for assistance!