How DoNotPay Can Help With Filing USCIS Form N-565
USCIS Form N-565 is used to replace the certificate of citizenship. This is meant for individuals who want to replace their naturalization certificate after it's been lost, damaged, or if your name(s) have changed as a result of marriage. If you need help filing USCIS Form N 565 to replace your naturalization certificate, DoNotPay can help!
DoNotPay is an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot that provides legal services for free. And since the process of filing USCIS Form N-565 may be confusing and difficult, DoNotPay makes the process seamless and fast.
Why Would You Need to Replace USCIS-Issued Naturalization or Citizenship Certificates?
USCIS-issued naturalization certificates are very important legal documents. If you have lost your naturalization certificate, or if it has been stolen, damaged, or mutilated, you can file USCIS Form N-565 to replace it.
With a citizenship certificate in the U.S, you can benefit from several services such as:
- Government jobs
- Voter registration
- Access to federal courts
- Permanent residency for your children
- Secondary school loans and grants, including the Federal Pell Grant Program
How Do I Replace My Certificate of Citizenship?
If you have misplaced your certificate of citizenship, it is important to know what to do next. There are several documents that are needed in order for you to replace your certificate of citizenship. These include:
- A fully completed N-565 form
- A payment of $555
- Supporting documents to prove your reason for the application
- Two copies of printed 2x2 passport-style photos.
How to File Form N-565
The process of filing form N-565 can be confusing, but it's important to do it correctly. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has created a guide for all the steps involved in this process, including how to fill out the form correctly.
- Complete the form by typing your personal information including full name, date of birth, and mailing address. If approved, this will be reflected on your replacement certificate of citizenship.
- Fill out Section II and submit supporting documents. These may include:
- Your ID
- Copy naturalization certificate
- Copies of passport pages or other identifying documents
- Military discharge papers
- Marriage certificate
- Adoption records
- Divorce decree
- Mail your form and pay the applicable fee based on category. You can choose between one of three methods including overnight delivery, courier, or electronic payment method using credit card/debit card/checking account depending on which is most convenient for you.
If USCIS approves your application, they will mail you a replacement certificate of naturalization within four weeks after receipt of the application.
How Long Does It Take to Get Your Citizenship Certificate?
Processing times for getting your Citizenship Certificate is as follows:
|Original Citizenship Certificate||9 to 14 months|
|Replacement Citizenship Certificate||5 to 8 months|
How Much Does It Cost to File Form N-565?
The cost for filing Form N-565 is $555. However, there are some people who may be exempt from paying this fee including:
- Veterans with at least 1 year of active duty service during wartime or 2 years of continuous service during peacetime.
- Certain disabled veterans or any veteran who was awarded Purple Heart after 5 December 1977.
- Former members of U.S armed forces who served on Active Duty before 1 April 1975, but did not complete one year of total military service even though they are now permanent residents.
- Individuals whom USCIS considers to have certain other special eligibility factors.
How DoNotPay Can Help With Filing USCIS-Issued Naturalization Certificate Replacement?
DoNotPay is an AI chatbot that helps you file USCIS Form N-565. DoNotPay's artificial intelligence engine enables it to understand your needs and beliefs, while its natural language understanding (NLU) ability allows it to communicate in a way that you can relate to. It will provide you with all the legal advice you need to get a replacement for the certificate of citizenship.
How to Replace USCIS-issued Naturalization or Citizenship Certificates Using DoNotPay
If you want to replace USCIS-issued naturalization or citizenship certificates but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in easy steps:
- Search "naturalization certificates" (or "USCIS") on DoNotPay.
- Select the document you are applying for, and the reason why you need a replacement.
- Tell us more about the original certificate, including the certificate number, when it was issued, and the details of the person it was issued to. Upload evidence files to support your claims.
- Enter the contact information for any preparers and interpreters that helped with the application. Select whether you want to pay the application fee by check or credit card.
- Indicate whether you would like to receive a digital copy of your forms or have us mail them to you.
Why Use DoNotPay to Accomplish the USCIS Form N -565
In addition to helping you fill out the forms, DoNotPay guides you step-by-step throughout the process. In addition, it will automate all of your correspondence with USCIS and even send you a digital copy upon every submission of any application on your behalf. This ensures that everything is kept organized, fast, and efficient throughout the entire process while freeing up some time for other more pressing issues.
If you're looking for assistance with filing USCIS Form N-565, the DoNotPay chatbot can help. It's a free and easy way to file your form without having to pay an attorney or law firm. The chatbot gives step-by-step instructions on how to fill out the form and walks you through all of the questions that need answering during this process.