US Embassy New Delhi Address and More!
If you are a U.S citizen living in India, or a foreigner looking to make inquiries about the U.S diplomatic office in India, this article will help you get in touch with the U.S Embassy in New Delhi. Specifically, you’ll get answers to these questions:
- Are walk-ins available at the U.S embassy in India?
- How can I contact the U.S embassy in New Delhi?
- Can I request a U.S visa at the U.S embassy in New Delhi?
- Is there a faster way to reach the U.S embassy in New Delhi?
The U.S Embassy New Delhi
The U.S embassy in New Delhi is the foremost foreign diplomatic outpost in India since it became an independent nation in 1947. The 74-year-old embassy oversees four other consulates in Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
Where is the U.S Embassy in New Delhi?
The U.S Embassy in New Delhi is in the magnificent highbrow area of Shantipath, Chanakyapuri in New Delhi. If you wish to drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport, here are some available routes you can take to get to the embassy:
- The Rao Tularam Marg and Shantipath routes are only 8.5 kilometers and 13 minutes away from the Airport. You would need to head South-West to the North-Western road before making a U-turn a few meters after the Defence Accounts department building, towards Nyaya Marg in Chanakyapuri. You should look out for two roundabouts, the embassy of Poland on your right, and the Embassy of France on your left (900m from your destination) before arriving at the U.S embassy on your left.
- The Golden Quadrilateral and Sardar Patel Marg route which covers 8.9km, takes approximately 12 minutes and requires that you drive through parts of the North-Access road, Golden Quadrilateral, Sardar Patel, Kautilya Marg, and Nyaya Marg to reach the U.S Embassy from the Airport.
- The Rao Tularam Marg route is an 11.5km distance that takes approximately 17 minutes and requires you to drive through the Mahatma Gandhi road, the African avenue, Vinay Marg, and Panschseel Marg to arrive at your destination.
How Can I Contact The U.S Embassy in New Delhi?
There are several ways you can contact the U.S Embassy in India, but if you have to visit the U.S Embassy in India, you’ll have to book an appointment before coming in. Here are the contact details of the embassy for you to call, fax, or send mail:
|Address||Panchsheel Marg, Shantipath,
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi,
Delhi 110021, India
|Office Hours||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Monday to Friday
Diplomatic Services Does The U.S Embassy in New Delhi Offers
The U.S embassy in India caters to a broad range of diplomatic services for U.S citizens in India and Indian citizens hoping to travel to the U.S. The below sections describe a few things you can get done at the U.S embassy in India.
Visa Application and Processing
The U.S offers different visas for Indians traveling to the U.S. Here is a breakdown of some common visas and their accompanying fees:
|Visa code||Visa type||Visa cost|
|D||Ship and Airline crew||$160|
|H||Seasonal worker/ Employment trainee||$190|
|I||Journalist and Media||$160|
|K||Fiance and spouse of U.S citizen||$265|
|L||Persons transferred within a company||$190|
|P||Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers||$190|
If you are traveling to the U.S, you’d need to present a negative COVID-19 alongside other requirements for you to be allowed entry. If you are traveling specifically as a tourist, kindly note that you may need to show proof that you have at least $265 per day you are planning to stay in the U.S.
Passport Application and Processing
You can get a new passport or replace one that has been stolen or damaged at the embassy. Here are the fees for different passports:
|Adult – First time||$110|
|Adult – Lost, stolen, or damaged replacement||$145|
|Adult – passport card||$30|
|Mirror (16 years and below)||$115|
|Minor passport card||$50|
|Minor – Book and Card||$130|
The embassy also offers other notarial services such as the registration of U.S citizens living in India, birth and death registration, and other specific information like travel guidelines, COVID-19 protocols, information on voting, tax payment, and any other emergencies regarding a U.S citizen.
A Trusted Way To Contact The U.S Embassy in New Delhi
DoNotPay is an excellent tool you can use to contact hundreds of US Embassies across the world, including the U.S embassy in New Delhi. If you are looking to make inquiries about your relative visiting you in India or are just simply trying to find out about passport and visa services, DoNotPay can help! All that’s required from you is:
1. Search for “Embassy” on DoNotPay.
2. Select to contact a “US Embassy Abroad”.
3. Briefly explain the questions you have and the specific information you need.
4. Tell DoNotPay which city/country you want to contact.
That’s all we need from your end. DoNotPay will get started on your request and have the US Embassy in New Delhi contact you through email.
US Embassy Locations DoNotPay Can Reach:
- US Embassy in Manila Address
- US Embassy in Nigeria Address
- US Embassy in San Jose
- US Embassy in Ghana
- US Embassy in London Address, Phone Number
- US Embassy in Jamaica Address
- US Embassy in Islamabad Address
- US Embassy in Mexico City Address
- All US Embassy Phone Numbers