How to Take Down Your Number From an Unsafe Caller Site
The number of unsafe calls has constantly been on the rise, with many people losing money. To protect mobile users from the increasing number of unsafe phone calls, carriers and third parties developed tools that flag suspicious numbers. You would have to to comfortably call your intended user. DoNotPay enables you to remove your number from the list of unsafe callers easily. We can also take down your personal information from MyLife, Facebook, Whitepages, and Spokeo.
Why Am I Marked as an Unsafe Caller?
Factors leading to your number being flagged as unsafe are evolving and vary by carrier or third parties. However, the most common reasons you could be marked as an unsafe caller include:
- An insanely high amount of phone calls from your number
- Short-duration calls, usually under five seconds
- Ignored calls that have been sent to voice mail
- Conversations lasting less than 15 seconds
- Recipients flagging as spam
Your number is marked as an unsafe caller if you are into the habit of cold calling potential customers with the hope of generating leads for your business. Carriers do this in adherence to the rules of Federal Communications that protect the public from getting scammed. Therefore, they may wrongly mark you as unsafe if they deem your calling habits as suspicious. Carriers have built-in systems to monitor call activities. Therefore, if they determine that a single number is making ten phone calls a minute or over 100 calls a day or has exceeded a certain threshold in a week, the carrier automatically determines that it is not human dialing and may classify the number as a robocall.
Consumers who you have called may also block your number before answering your call, and a high number of blocks can trigger the carrier to mark your number as unsafe. Call blocking apps meant to protect users from fraudulent calls may also unknowingly tag you as a spam number due to your high volume of calls. These apps have algorithms that vary depending on user responses. Therefore, if you have to call patterns similar to those of spammers, it is likely the reason your number has been marked as unsafe. Hence, it is important to find a way to by hiring someone to do it for you like DoNotpay.
How Can I Remove My Number From the List of Unsafe Callers?
If you have been flagged as an unsafe caller, you can try the following avenues to have your number removed.
Contact the Phone Carrier
You can get in touch with the phone carrier and verify your details and the fact that you are not a scammer. Sites like call transparency can help verify your number if your carrier is Sprint/T-Mobile. You could also try calling your carrier's help desk and requesting to be removed from the list.
Contact Popular Spam Block Apps
If you wish to be unflagged by apps, you can do so by contacting them using the details below, depending on the app that has blocked you.
|Spam Block App||Contact Information|
Wait It Out
The measures are often temporary and may resolve after some time if you adopt better-calling practices. You could thus choose to wait if you have the luxury of time.
Challenges You May Encounter When Trying to Remove Your Number From the List of Unsafe Callers
You are likely to wait on hold for an agent to come to your aid. Some carriers may also have a strict verification protocol that may make it difficult to remove your number, especially when the calling patterns seem similar to those of fraudulent numbers. Waiting out may take time and may prove frustrating if you need the issue resolved as soon as possible.
Strategies to Avoid Being Marked as Unsafe
If you successfully resolve the issue and do not want to make the same mistake again. You could adopt practices such as:
- Rotating your caller ID- Use different numbers daily, weekly, or monthly as needed.
- Mix different areas - try spreading your calls over as many carriers as possible by mixing up the geographic areas you are calling.
- Don't call the same lead incessantly, as they may lodge a complaint against you.
- Avoid hanging up if you are a running dialer.
- Register your number with the main caller ID reputation registries.
Remove Your Number From the Unsafe Caller List With the Help of Donotpay
Removing a number flagged unsafe can prove a hassle, especially if your carrier is not picking up, or you have to wait for long. However, you don't have to experience this, as DoNotPay can take down this personal information on your behalf. Follow these steps, and we will do the rest!
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
DoNotPay Works Across Different Companies
Do you have personal information you want to remove from the internet? Why not learn how to do it, or better still, have us do it for you? We also remove your photo, phone number, or other personal information from Google. We can also withdraw your name from the organ donor registry.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Taking down personal information is just one of the many things we do. We can also help you with:
- Filing a complaint
- Conducting a sex offender search
- Appealing banned accounts
- Suing anyone in small claims court
Sign up with us to enjoy these and other product offerings that make life more convenient.