How To Contact The United Kingdom Consulate in New York
Contacting embassies and consulates can be a confusing process – COVID-19 restrictions have changed the way appointments and consular services are offered, and sometimes you’re not even sure where to find accurate contact information.
Don’t worry! DoNotPay has compiled a list of everything you need to know about the Consulate-General of the United Kingdom in New York. Read on to learn more about their contact information, consular services, and an easier and faster way to contact the Consulate!
Can Anyone Contact the United Kingdom Consulate in New York?
The United Kingdom Consulate in New York can help you if you reside in:
- Fairfield County in Connecticut
- New York
- New Jersey
Where is the British Consulate General in New York?
The exact address of the British Consulate General in New York is
885 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10017, U.S.A
The UK Consulate is located between the districts of Sutton Place and Murray Hill, by the city’s East River. Because public transportation is the fastest way to get there, we recommend taking the bus to the Consulate. Starting at the city’s iconic St. Patrick’s Cathedral, you can reach the British Consulate in just 8 minutes:
- Walk for one block down 5th Avenue in the direction of East 50th Street.
- Take the M50 bus, and ride for four stops.
- Exit on E 50th Street/ 2nd Avenue.
- Walk down 2nd Avenue (towards E 49th Street) four two blocks.
- You should see the British Consulate General in New York to your right, located on the corner of the street’s intersection.
How to Contact the British Consulate in New York?
|Address||885 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10017, United States|
|The UK consulate in Chicago does not provide an email address, instead, they request that you contact them through a contact form.|
+1 212 745 0200 (Emergency Only)
Please keep in mind that the emergency option when you call is only meant for UK nationals involved in cases of arrest, hospitalization, death, and serious accidents.
|Fax||+1 212 745 0463|
|Office Hours||Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
What Services Can the Consulate General of the United Kingdom in New York Help You With?
Here is a list of the services offered by the British Consulate General in New York:
- Emergency travel documentation
- Notarial services
- Getting an emergency travel document
- Notarial services
- Certifying documents
- Providing certifications for death, marriage, and birth
Please note that the Consulate General of the United Kingdom in New York does not process visa or passport inquiries. For these services you should send an inquiry to either one of these offices:
How Can DoNotPay Help You Contact the Consulate General of the United Kingdom in New York?
DoNotPay understands how frustrating it can be to draft emails, look for the correct address, and not receive timely responses to requests that matter to you. Don’t worry! DoNotPay can help you contact any embassy or consulate in seconds! All you have to do is:
1. Type in “Contact Embassy” on DoNotPay.
2. Choose to contact a foreign embassy in the US.
3. Briefly explain the issue you wish to resolve.
4. Enter “UK’’.
That’s it, you’re done! You can expect to receive a direct response from the UK Consulate in New York.
Other Consulates/Embassies DoNotPay Helps You Contact
- Philippine Consulate, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco
- Chinese Consulate, Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago
- Nigerian Consulate, Atlanta
- Indian Consulate, Houston, New York, and Chicago
- Brazilian Consulate, Miami
- Russian Embassy, Washington, D.C.