How to Complete Your Union County Building Permit Application
All property owners in Union County must apply for a building permit as the law requires. Building permits ensure that the buildings are constructed according to the county's building codes for the public's safety, and they adhere to the stipulated environmental laws.
Union county's requirements for a building permit application may be confusing, so the process becomes quite tedious for you. The process doesn't just involve filling out forms — you have to prepare site surveys, interview neighbors, seek HOA approval, have blueprints on hand, and understand the regulations for your zoning district. It can all be quite overwhelming and a lot of bureaucracy just for a small fence.
DoNotPay takes away the tedious work and completes everything for you through the new Planning Permissions product. From reviewing your property to guiding you through the process, DoNotPay has everything covered.
When Is a Building Permit Necessary in Union County?
You'll need a building permit in Union county for all constructions that:
- are dwelling places
- are located within a designated stream buffer
- alter the original design of a structure
- are accessory structures over 150sf
- require water, sewer, or electric connection
However, if you are only making minor changes without affecting the structure's originality, you may not need a permit. For example, you may not need one if you are repainting the building, putting up wallpaper, replacing the flow, or making a sidewalk.
You may also need a permit to install a hot tub, make changes in the basement, fencing, renovate the garage, change the roof, remodel the house interior, install an electrical system, plumbing, and add new accessory units, or demolish a building. This list should not limit you, so you must always confirm whether you need one before you start any construction.
How to Get a Building Permit in Union County
may be tedious, but you can do it yourself. You only need to know the required documents, the application form, and how to submit it.
What Documents Do You Require to Apply for a Building Permit in Union County?
Before you start the application process, you must ensure you have all the following documents because you'll need to submit them.
- Your latest quitclaim deed or warranty indicates that you own the land where you want to build or renovate
- A drawing plan of the structure
- Description of the project or work you intend to do on the structure
- A recorded plat of the property where you will construct the building
- An approved DOT driveway permit
- Septic permit
- An elevation certificate
- GA EPD Notice of Intent
- Engineered plans
- A culvert permit
Some of these will vary depending on the type of building and the changes you want to make. When filling in the form, you'll need to provide information like your name (property owner), mailing address, type of project, the value of the project, subcontractor affidavit, directions to the property, and the size of the lot.
You can get the application from the Union county government's website and begin the application.
How to Apply for a Building Permit in Union County With the Help of DoNotPay
Whether you are unsure you need a permit for your structure or you need help applying for a building permit, DoNotPay will make the whole process hassle-free, and you'll get what you need fast. DoNotPay will check if you can construct without a permit, contact HOAs for you, and guide you through the process until you get a permit.
All you have to do is:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
Why Use DoNotPay to Apply for a Building Permit in Union County?
The process of application can drain you, especially if you are unaware of the requirements. Therefore, DoNotPay will come through for you and offer the best services.
|Convenient||You don't have to go out of your busy schedule to complete the application. DoNotPay asks for the important details depending on the help you need and then processes everything for you.|
|Reliable||You can always count on DoNotPay to help you with the application and guide you through it so that it's no longer tedious for you.|
|Easy||DoNotPay's method is straightforward as you'll only need to answer a few questions concerning your problem and leave it there.|
Incurring fines for not having a building permit is not only stressful but also pocket-draining. You can get your license easily through DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you get building permits not just in Union County but also in other places like:
- Palm Beach County
- Los Angeles
- Sarasota County
- And many more!
DoNotPay can also help you solve other problems such as:
Check out DoNotPay's product page for more information on how DoNotPay can help you.