Do You Have to Pay UKSL Debt (UK Search Limited)?
Did you know that one in every five adults in the UK has a debt problem? Debt is a part of everyday life. We sometimes take loans to put food on our tables, finance that nice car we saw online or buy our first home. However, things might not always work out, and the plans to service the loan may not have panned out as you hoped.
This then opens the window for debt collection agencies like to try and reach you to start collection efforts. While some agencies follow the rules while obtaining loan payments, others go off the rails, harassing debt holders. This is where DoNotPay comes in. DoNotPay will help you figure out if a collection agency is harassing you or not so that you can report them to the relevant agencies.
What Is UKSL and Why Are They Calling Me?
, better known as UKSL, is a debt collection agency specialising in debt recovery efforts and offers tracing services for credit companies. Most times, UKSL gets in touch with clients if they have fallen behind on payments for companies they hold accounts with.
UKSL may contact you for any of these reasons:
- To recover debt. The principal reason UKSL will contact you will be to recover a debt. They will ask you to honour the payment via credit or debit card to cover the amount in partial fees or lump sums.
- To validate debt. UKSL may also contact you to figure out if the debt is yours or not. They will explain how much you owe and the creditor you owe the money.
- To harass you to honour the debt. Some debt collectors, not necessarily UKSL, will call you to harass you into paying the loan. Harassment includes calling in small intervals or showing up at your workplace.
UKSL Contact Information
You can get in touch with UKSL through the following:
|Website||UK Search Limited|
|Address||Unit 4 Gander Lane
Derbyshire, England, S43 4PZ
|Phone Number||01246 488 924|
What Happens if I Don’t Pay My Debt To UKSL?
Debt collection agencies usually have five working days to issue debt holders with a debt validation notice in writing. The letter includes the following contents:
- The debt the client owes
- The name of the creditor
- A 30-day notice to allow them to dispute the debt
- Instructions on further action
Before taking any steps to respond to letters or calls from UKSL or any other debt collection agency, always ensure they are legitimate. UKSL is legit as it has a company number and a registered office.
After determining the authenticity of the debt recovery letters, it's best to figure out how to deal with the company. While it's easy to believe that ignoring the debt or calls will make the loan disappear, UKSL may take drastic measures to ensure they get the money you owe.
Taking you to court is one of the drastic measures the company may take. They may also report your debt to a credit report company, which results in a bad credit score. The debt interest will continue growing until the day you decide to respond to their correspondence or calls.
If you're unable to pay a UKSL debt, you can contact the company in writing to figure out a payment framework to avoid the constant phone calls.
Has UKSL Violated My Rights?
UKSL may have violated your rights if they:
- Showed up at your workplace
- Came to your house unannounced
- Called you numerously
- Verbally insulted you
All these count as harassment and violation of privacy which gives you grounds to sue.
How Long Can Debt Collectors Collect Debt From Me?
If the company UKSL represents takes long to recover the debt, it becomes a statute-barred debt. This makes it impossible for the agency to obtain a court judgement to recover the debt. The statute of limitations is typically six years for debt recovery. If the time passes, the agency must write the debt off.
Note: For a debt to be written off after six years, you shouldn't have tried to make any payments. Payments are an acknowledgement of debt, and you'll be required to pay the total amount.
Get Help With DoNotPay
Whether UKSL contacted you recently or has tried reaching you for a long time, we will help you determine if they used by-the-book recovery methods.
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
DoNotPay Works With Different Companies and Entities
DoNotPay will not only help you get but also against the following companies:
How Else Can DoNotPay Assist?
DoNotPay can assist you in dealing with bureaucratic issues outside the scope of debt and UKSL. We can also help you:
- Increase your credit limit
- Get virtual credit cards
- Get active burner phone numbers that bypass any verification systems
Download the DoNotPay app today and be on your way to a debt-free life.