Uganda Tourist Visa Application—DoNotPay Can Support You Every Step of the Way
Uganda has been fondly called the Pearl of Africa for over a century now—that’s how mesmerizing it is! The country’s bio-diverse wildlife and exotic landscapes make you feel like you’re in a fairytale, and the vibrant local culture and hospitality are sure to steal your heart!
The first step to visiting this magical country is getting your Uganda tourist visa in order.
Applying for a visa can be a lengthy, confusing, and tedious task—but DoNotPay has an easy fix. Our Tourist Visa Guide tool simplifies the visa application process by:
- Helping you navigate through a country’s specific visa guidelines
- Giving you a clear picture of the documentation required
- Assisting you during the application process
Sign up for our app today and get ready for a seamless visa processing experience!
Uganda imposes different visa requirements depending on a visitor’s:
- Country of origin
- Intent of travel
This table summarizes the existing visa policies for Uganda:
|Visa on arrival||
|East African Tourist Visa||
|Diplomat visa waiver||
Visa on arrival has been discontinued for U.S. citizens since July 2016. Instead, they must apply for either:
- An e-Visa, through Uganda’s official online portal
- A traditional visa stamped to the passport by the Uganda Embassy
You need to meet basic eligibility requirements to qualify for a Uganda tourist visa. You can apply if you have a:
- U.S. passport that will remain valid for a minimum of six months
- Vaccination certificate for yellow fever (traveling minors must also have a vaccination certificate for polio)
Yes, the East Africa Tourist Visa is the first choice for many American adventurers and wildlife enthusiasts due to:
- The short processing time—from three to four days
- The tourism-friendly rules
The East Africa Tourist Visa (EATV) is strictly meant to enable tourism in the Republics of Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda—you cannot use it for work or business purposes.
Based on the number of entries you seek, you need to pay between $100 and $200 for this visa. One EATV can be used to travel to all three countries without paying any additional fee.
The validity of the East Africa Tourist Visa is 90 days, and it cannot be extended under any circumstances.
Whether you apply for a visa online or through an embassy, you must arrange all or some of the documents from this list (depending on the type of visa you tick on the application form):
- A copy of the bio-data page of your passport
- Two copies of a colored, passport-size photograph taken within the past three months
- Proof of travel—this includes:
- Travel itinerary
- Copy of entry and return ticket
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Recommendation or reference letter
- Police verification (only for multiple-entry visas)
- A letter stating your travel intent
- Proof of financial stability
- Receipt of visa fee paid
You will be issued a visa only if you submit accurate documentation. The U.S. Embassy staff in Uganda reported many travelers being detained or denied entry at the airport due to incorrect or incomplete e-Visa applications.
Uganda is a safe city, with 99% of its visitors completing their trip without any hassle.
The U.S. government, however, cautions citizens not to overstay their visas in Uganda. At present, visa overstays are fined at $30 per day, and the defaulters will not be allowed to leave the country unless they pay the penalties in full.
Uganda has a transparent visa application system, but getting the documentation right is a back-breaking chore. Your visa application may get stalled due to a minor error, which can force you to back out of your prepaid safari.
DoNotPay’s Tourist Visa Guide aims to minimize the risk of submitting a faulty visa application. Our app can help you in two distinct ways:
- Assess whether you need a tourist visa for your destination country
- Provide you with multi-level support to gather the necessary documents and apply at the right place
All you need to do is answer our chatbot’s questions, and the app will generate a country-specific application handbook for you.
Follow these steps to start your visa application process:
- Sign in to DoNotPay and navigate to Tourist Visa Guide
- Confirm that you have a valid U.S. passport
- Enter your destination country
DoNotPay will assist you with the following:
- Getting a complete list of the documents needed for your application
- Creating and printing passport photos as per a country’s guidelines
- Downloading the correct PDF application form
- Contacting any embassy to mail your complete physical application
- Directing you to the right portal to submit your online application
With DoNotPay on board, there will hardly be any room for mistakes in your application!
Africa can ignite your spirit as a true adventurer! Let your soul run wild and free—browse this table to find more of DoNotPay’s visa assistance guides for different countries:
Why spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on lawyers when the ideal solution is only a few clicks away?
Our perks don’t stop here—you can also have your documents notarized electronically from any location. Once you obtain a notary stamp and signature, your paperwork can be faxed online without outdated machines.
Day-to-day tasks you must deal with don’t have to be a burden or rocket science. Signing up for DoNotPay is your ticket to performing them the easy way! We offer a wide selection of products that don’t cost an arm and a leg but do excellent work when it comes to solving your administrative issues!
Our services will help you:
- Submit refund, late delivery, and FOIA requests
- Write letters to inmates
- Appeal unfair property tax assessments
- Reach out to embassies and consulates
- Gather paperwork for tourist visas
- Request a higher financial aid amount from colleges
- Arrange DMV appointments without breaking a sweat