How to Stop Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors Debt Collectors
collect overdue debts on behalf of other companies. Loan companies, banks, and even utility companies can procure the services of debt collectors to avoid all the hassle of following up on unpaid dues and instead concentrate on their core business.
Debt collectors operate on behalf of such companies and are often notorious for using underhand tactics to enforce payment. Such methods can prove effective, as debtors who are unaware of their rights will do everything within their power to meet these financial obligations.
While it is your responsibility to pay the money you owe, no one should violate your rights to make you act accordingly. Should you encounter harassment or aggressive behaviour from Turnbull Rutherford Debt Collectors, contact DoNotPay, and we will deal with it on your behalf.
We can also intervene in the case of other lenders or collectors such as:
DoNotPay can check if you may be entitled to:
Read on to find out more about getting debt help and dealing with aggressive debt collectors.
What Is Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors Debt Collectors and Why Do They Keep Calling?
are solicitors in London, UK. They deal mostly with commercial litigation, corporate finance and debt and money advice.
If they have been calling you relentlessly it could be one of these reasons:
- They are trying to validate a debt.
- They are attempting to collect on a debt on behalf of another company that you owe money to.
- Their agents are following up on a previous payment arrangement offered to you.
Below are Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors' contact details:
|Phone Number||020 8545 6600|
|Fax Number||020 845 6633|
165 The Broadway
It is highly advised to seek professional advice before agreeing to any contract with Turnbull Rutherford as they do deal with legalities and you would not want to be on the losing end of a stick.
What Happens if I Don't Pay My Debt to Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors Debt Collectors
Everyone needs to pay what they owe if they can afford to. If you are not in a position to clear your debt, you could negotiate a payment plan with the company and find out the debt management options available to you.
You should, however, not ignore communication from debt collectors, as doing so will not make them go away. Instead, such a move only allows them to take legal action against you to recover their funds. It is thus advisable to communicate with them and work together to reach a mutual agreement.
Has Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors Violated My Rights?
While can enforce payment on behalf of the creditor and seek legal action for non-compliance, you are entitled to certain rights and actions as a debtor. When notified about the debts, you are within your rights to take the following steps to verify their authenticity.
- Find out whether you owe the debt. Examine Turnbull's letters closely to check whether the debt is yours by viewing the debt amount, creditor, and purpose for borrowing. The creditor should also have informed you of this action before contacting debt collectors.
- Ask for proof of the debt letter. Turnbull Rutherford should furnish you with a letter that links you with the debt. A letter alerting you of your debt is not proof that you owe it. Therefore, if you are unaware of such an existing financial obligation, you can opt to write to the agency requesting them to provide you with evidence of your liability. The law forbids them from making further contact with you if they fail to provide this evidence.
- Find out whether the statute of limitations has expired. Most debts have a limit of 6 years, according to the Limitation Act of 1980. Therefore, if the creditors did not pursue you within the period, and you did not make any payment nor acknowledge the existence of such a debt in writing to the creditor, they cannot enforce it.
If you follow the above steps and find out that you owe the debt, then it is your duty to pay. Even if the debt is valid, debt collectors are prohibited from doing the following:
- Call at unreasonable times
- Contact you in a manner or frequency that contravenes the communication preferences you agreed with them.
- Discuss your debt with others
- Demand payment when the statute of limitations has expired
- Decline to give you time to look at your payment options
- Threaten legal action that cannot materialise in such a case
Alternative Ways to Resolve Customer Service Complaints
If Turnbull or any other company violates your rights, you can write a complaint letter informing them of unlawful conduct. You could threaten to take legal action against them, as harassment is a criminal offence.
Should they not heed your advice, you could pursue the following alternatives:
- Write to a trade association they operate under
- Write a complaint to the financial ombudsman
- Write a complaint to the financial conduct authority
Get Debt Help With DoNotPay!
Dealing with persistent debt collectors can feel exhausting especially if you don’t have the means to settle the debt right away. It’s even more stressful when you’re already being badgered by . DoNotPay can ensure you are not being wrongfully subjected to a debt that you do not owe and that you can choose from the best payment arrangements available if you are liable for the debt.
Just follow the simple steps below to get started:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Apart from helping you with debt repayment, DoNotPay is also an expert when it comes to:
- increasing credit limit
- Finding unclaimed money
- Cancelling subscriptions without the termination fees
- Accessing free trials
- Paying bills online
Being able to ask an efficient robot lawyer for advice no matter what time of the day or night is simply priceless. for unlimited access to an AI-powered lawyer whenever and wherever you need to.