All About Tumblr's Terms of Service
One of the greatest social networking platforms of our age is Tumblr. The microblogging and social networking site allows you to post multimedia content to a short-form blog. Because the platform collects and stores an array of personal information from users, there is a need to analyze for missing privacy clauses and other legal violations.
DoNotPay has made it easier for you to scan websites for violations and hold companies accountable.
Tumblr Terms of Service
Tumblr is an American microblogging and social networking platform founded in 2107 by David Karp and currently owned by Automatic. You can use the platform for several reasons and share multiple content. However, Tumblr is primarily used for social networking.
Like all other social media platforms, people using Tumblr can connect with other users and exchange messages, share posts, post pictures, and more. Tumblr has an , which was recently amended last July 21, 2021.
Some of the sections that the TOS covers include:
- Governing law
- Access and use
- Modification of user content
- Limitation of liability
- Provision of data
The Tumblr Terms of Service is a rather long document and scanning through all the sections on your own can be tedious. If you don’t have the time or patience for it, DoNotPay's "Analyze Terms and Services" product can help you scan the TOS and its terms of service and user agreements for legal violations.
What Information Does Tumblr Collect from Me?
Tumblr has a long section of the kind of information they collect and its use. These include:
- Account information such as username, password, age, and email address
- Email communications: Tumblr will send emails and other communications to users asking for specific information
- Information from third-party services: Tumblr may partner with third-party services that can provide more information about you
- User content: Tumblr may copy the information you share publicly
- Native actions: Tumblr stores information about a user's actions, such as following a blog, liking a post, reblogging a post, and more
- Information about user content: Tumblr may also collect information about the content you provide to services such as images and data about even your camera.
Although Tumblr reveals they collect this information to provide you with "better services," some of your data could end up being sold to affiliates and data brokers for marketing purposes.
What Happens If Tumblr TOS Is Violated?
Tumblr TOS is a legally binding document established within the provisions of the law. If Tumblr has violated its own terms regarding data privacy or if the platform is missing some of the crucial privacy clauses provided by state and federal laws, you have the right to sue and recover compensation. If you also violate Tumblr TOS, the company may take action to ban your account.
What to Do If You Were Banned from Tumblr account
Being banned from Tumblr can be devastating, especially when the reasons for such action are unclear. Fortunately, you can successfully appeal the ban and restore your account. DoNotPay can help you avoid the long DIY process to unban a banned Tumblr account. Through our Unban My Account product, we will appeal for banned accounts on your behalf.
How to Analyze Tumblr TOS on Your Own
The DIY method to analyze Tumblr TOS involves reading through each clause word by word while looking for red flags pointing to violations. Use the following steps to analyze TOS violations by yourself:
- Find out the user information that Tumblr shares with third-party affiliates
- Establish the arbitration procedure to know whether you are allowed to sue in court should a TOS violation occur.
- Determine the waivers or releases that allows you the ability to give the company permission to use your content
- Read all sections in ALL CAPS word by word while paying a lot of attention to the message implied as well as hidden connotations.
Obviously, the DIY method to scan Tumbler websites and TOS for missing privacy clauses and other violations are tiresome and time-consuming. DoNotPay can expedite this process.
How to Analyze Terms of Services Using DoNotPay
If you want to analyze terms of service but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
Through the "Analyze Terms and Services" product, we will scan the Tumblr website and its terms of service and user agreements for legal violations. Once we identify hidden legal violations, we will draft a demand letter on your behalf demanding compensation.
DoNotPay can also help you analyze any company's terms of service for violations and potential compensation:
DoNotPay Is Ready to Help Analyze TOS on Your Behalf
Today, privacy and data regulation laws have become more stringent due to the rising value of user data in business and marketing. Some companies have started collecting and sharing personal information without clearly notifying the user or hiding their practices in the fine print where no one will notice.
This is a clear breach of the law that becomes solid ground for lawsuits. DoNotPay can help you stay informed on how Tumblr uses your personal data and whether there are any violations that could earn you money. Contact us today to learn more!