How to Stop Trace Debt Recovery's Unfair Practices Fast
When you fall behind on bills or accidentally forget to pay an unexpected bill, you can find yourself with an account turned over to the collections department or sold to a separate debt collection agency. This can be highly stressful and frustrating.
Trace Debt Recovery and Enforcement Services is a company that provides debt recovery and high court enforcement solutions. Since they specialise in debt collection, you have been contacted about a debt you owe or potential debt. If you have been contacted in person or over the phone by Trace Debt Recovery and need to know what steps to take next, DoNotPay is here to help you navigate the situation.
Who Is Trace Debt Recovery and Why Are They Contacting Me?
There are a few different reasons that Trace Debt Recovery may be contacting you. If you have been contacted by phone, in writing, or in person, paying close attention to what they say and keeping track of the details is essential. They may be trying to collect a valid debt that you owe or validate a debt.
However, they may also be engaging in harassment. In addition to collecting debt for original creditors, they may also work with companies to manage high court enforcements.
Once you receive contact or notification from Trace Debt Recovery, you must determine how to respond. This is because they will continue to contact you or show up at your home, report your debt to the credit bureaus, or take further legal action. Knowing how to act quickly and efficiently is always in your best interest, and DoNotPay is here to help.
Trace Debt Recovery Contact Details
There are a few different ways to contact Trace Debt Recovery if you need to get in touch with them.
|Address:||Trace Debt Recovery UK Limited
PO Box 1448
Northampton NN2 1DW
|Phone Number:||03300 080 477 - 24-hour automated payment line
0333 577 4447 - Monday through Friday, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
|Contact Form:||Contact Trace|
You will need your debt reference number and must be willing to provide personal information to submit the form.
What Happens When I Don't Pay My Debt to Trace?
If you ignore an attempt by Trace to recover a debt, there are various consequences you could face.
- They can pass the debt to their solicitors, and you may incur further charges.
- A parking company can take court action for up to 6 years - a CCJ can be issued
- High Court Enforcement action may be used.
- Your goods can be removed for sale at Public Auction.
Has Trace Debt Recovery Violated My Rights?
There are specific procedures that debt collectors, such as Trace Debt Recovery, must follow, even if the debt is valid. There are certain things they cannot do by law. Initially, they may contact you in person, by phone, or in writing, but if you write them a letter requesting that you only be reached by mail, they cannot contact you any other way. If they do, you would have the right to report them to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
There are other activities that debt collectors cannot do, including:
- Harassing you - this means they cannot do anything that is intended to (or results in) you being threatened, humiliated or distressed
- Breach data protection laws
- Lie to you
- increase the interest on your account
- Charge you more for a service than it costs them
- Contact you on weekends
- Show up at your place of work or contact you at your work (this is often done to humiliate you in front of coworkers)
- Threaten you with legal powers that they don't possess
If you are unsure if Trace Debt Recovery is engaging in harassment or illegal activity, DoNotPay can help. We will investigate the situation thoroughly to help you determine if your rights are being violated.
Get Debt Help From DoNotPay
DoNotPay understands that having debt, especially an unexpected debt, can be stressful enough, but it is even more concerning when it's turned over to collections, or the debt collector is harassing you. So whether you are trying to determine if a debt is yours, just learned you had debt in collections, or are trying to stop Trace Debt Recovery from harassing you, DoNotPay is here for you. We will help you navigate the situation and file the appropriate complaints with governing bodies if necessary.
To get help with Trace Debt Recovery, follow these simple steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
That's all. Once you choose the best course of action you want to take, DoNotPay handles the rest. We will deliver your request directly to Trace Debt Recovery via first-class mail or file your complaint automatically with the relevant trade association or ombudsman.
If you have other debt concerns, we are also able to assist you with those:
- Amigo Loans Refund
- DWP Debt Management
- Advantis Debt Collection
- Provident Loans Refund
- Marston Group Holdings
- Lowell Financial
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- and more.
Can DoNotPay Help Me in Other Ways?
Not only does DoNotPay offer debt help, but we can also assist you with a variety of other issues such as:
- Risk-Free Trials
- Negotiating Bills
- Missing Money
- Filing Complaints
- Cancelling Services and Subscriptions
- Increasing Your Credit Limit
- Paying Bills Online
DoNotPay provides fast simple and successful solutions.