How to Handle Toshiba Laptop Batteries Recall
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is the department tasked by the US government with protecting consumers from faulty products. An example of CPSC's success is the 2017 recall of Toshiba Laptop Battery Packs.
Although nearly 200,000 battery packs had to be recalled, not one injury occurred. This was partly because of quick action taken by CPSC to notify consumers of the risk and what actions to take. If there was an even more convenient way to be notified about recalls, a lot more injuries could be prevented due to faulty products.
After we take a closer look at the Toshiba battery pack recall, you will be introduced to a more convenient solution. One that will check each of your purchases for recall notices and notify you right on your phone when one affects you. makes you aware of recalls and assists you in what you need to do.
What Caused Toshiba to Issue the Recall of Laptop Battery Packs?
The was the result of multiple customer reports of the Panasonic battery packs becoming so hot that they had started to melt. Thankfully, none of the incidents led to injuries. This recall was issued in January 2017, but it included battery packs used in 41 models of Toshiba laptops and sold individually as well, from 2011 through 2016. The final recall list included nearly 200,000 battery packs.
Toshiba's Battery Recall List
To see if your laptop's battery pack was included in this recall, you can perform a manual check of your battery pack's part and serial numbers.
- Part numbers are printed on the battery packs and affected part numbers begin with G71C.
- The full list can be found on the website
- You can call Toshiba at (866)224-1346, between 5 AM and 11 PM.
How Is Toshiba Handling the Battery Recall?
If you have one of the affected battery packs, Toshiba recommends turning off your laptop and removing the battery pack right away. You can get instructions on how to receive your replacement battery online or by calling the toll-free number. Until your replacement battery arrives you can power your laptop with the A/C power cord.
Many Ways of Handling Recalls With DoNotPay
The Recalls product from DoNotPay works four different ways to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
|Check Purchases||Simply upload your receipts and DoNotPay alerts you when a recall affects you.|
|VIN Check||Enter your car's VIN to get alerts anytime a recall affects your car.|
|File A Claim||When your purchases are recalled, DoNotPay can file a recall claim for you to get your replacement.|
|Schedule Repairs||For automobile recalls, DoNotPay will schedule dealership appointments for repairs.|
Let DoNotPay Claim Your Toshiba Battery Replacement
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
Here’s how to claim refunds, repairs, or replacements for recalled products using DoNotPay:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's all! DoNotPay sends your recall request to the company on your behalf, asking for a repair, replacement, or refund. You should receive confirmation from the company directly and instructions on how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Find Out About Any Recall When It Is Issued
Do not put your family's safety at risk by unknowingly exposing them to products under recall. Big-name products such as Tyson Chicken and Neutrogena Sunscreen have recalled their products but you might not have even heard of them.
Sometimes, auto manufacturers issue recalls. Check out Recalls By VIN to find out how DoNotPay helps with those. Here are a few other links that might interest you.
- Medical device recalls like Philips CPAP Recalls can cause big problems if you are not aware.
- Neutrogena is not the only company with a Sunscreen Recall.
- Here is a whole report just about California Recalls.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers recalled Peloton and Metformin.
- Have you checked for this Dog Food Recall?
- What's in your Recalled Hot Pockets?
Other Ways DoNotPay Saves Your Time And Money
With far too many products to list, DoNotPay can assist you with saving time and money by completing a whole range of tasks on your behalf. If you need more time and money, here are a few of the other products DoNotPay offers to get you started.