The Easiest Way to Request Texas Health Medical Records
If you've recently been hospitalized at one of Texas Health Resources 24 hospitals, you'll probably want to sooner rather than later for your own records. If you’re having trouble getting started or you are short on time, don’t fret–help is available.
In this article, we will go over the steps for getting your medical records from Texas Health Resources on your own, and then we'll tell you about a time-saving tip: getting your medical records using DoNotPay.
5 Reasons Why You Need Your Medical Records From Texas Health Resources
Why would you need to have a copy of your ? Here are five common reasons why it's important to have copies of your medical records:
- To help keep your health providers up-to-date on your health history. Part of being your own patient advocate, or that of a loved one, is making sure all your caregivers are on the same page. That means having updated health records and handwritten notes.
- Because you plan to travel out-of-network, or out of the country. You'll want paper or electronically stored medical record copies if you're seeing a health provider that might not have access to your online records.
- Hospitals and healthcare systems usually don't keep medical records beyond 10 years. When you see a new doctor, they usually ask about procedures you've had done over a lifetime. Don't you want to have records to help your doctor better understand your health history?
- You'll want to check them for accuracy. Let's face it, mistakes happen by doctors and medical transcriptionists, and it's up to you to catch errors. Mistakes can be a matter of life and death.
- You're appealing an insurance claim or rejection. If you have to take your insurance company to court, or you were in a car accident and you want to file a claim, you'll need to submit copies of your medical records to prove your illness or injury.
Once you have your records, you should scan them and keep digital copies on at least one USB drive. Keep one with your records at home, and the other in a safe deposit box with other important records, such as insurance policies and deeds.
Getting Your Texas Health Medical Records On Your Own
Here’s how you can reach Texas Health for your request:
|Department||Health Information Management Department
Release of Information
|Address||500 E. Border Street, Suite 700
Arlington, TX 76010
Following are the steps for getting your medical records from Texas Health Resources. While they're fairly straightforward, they'll still require about an hour of your time.
- Call Texas Health Resources' Health Information Management Department and ask what their current fees are for copies of your records, as they change periodically to keep up with the Bureau of Labor Statistics price index. Make sure they tell you how much the fee is per page.
- Download, print, and fill out Texas Health's Authorization for Release of Patient Information Form. You will need the following information:
- Patient's legal name and aliases
- Patient's Social Security Number
- Patient's Date of Birth
- A contact number where you may be reached during daytime hours
- Proof that you have the power of medical attorney if you are requesting the records on behalf of a loved one who is incapable of filling out the form.
- We recommend mailing your request form and any supporting documents via USPS Certified Mail with return receipt, as this application contains extremely sensitive information.
How to Get Your Texas Health Resources Medical Records with DoNotPay
If you want to skip the downloading, printing, filling out, and mailing of your Texas Health release form and fees, we can help in three simple steps:
- Search "Medical Records" on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
And that's it! We'll send Texas Health a letter and complete the release, and you'll soon have your medical records!
Not your hospital? We can still help!
If you need records from a different hospital, or from several, no problem! We can help you retrieve medical records from any hospital or healthcare system in the United States. Here are a few from which we've recently obtained medical records for our customers:
DoNotPay Can Handle Thousands of Tasks for You ASAP!
In addition to getting your medical records, we can help you clear your desk of thousands of projects. Here are a few that might interest you now, if you've got your healthcare history on your mind:
- Draft an advance health care directive
- Request sick leave
- Order official death certificate copies
- Find and get enrolled in clinical trials
- Get help paying your bills (medical and otherwise)
- Save money on prescriptions
Want to know how to start simplifying your life? After you've given us a test drive with , you might want to go to our website and search for challenges you've had on the back burner. Chances are, we have a solution!