The Easiest Way To Get a Texas Birth Certificate
If you need a Texas birth certificate, would you know which type of birth certificate you need and where to get it? Whether you need a certified copy of an older original or just need one for information purposes, a Texas birth certificate can present several obstacles when trying to get one.
If there was an easy-to-use online solution to get your Texas birth certificate, would you use it? Of course, you would.
Let's look at trying to get your Texas birth certificate by yourself and the problems you will face in the process.
Which Type of Texas Birth Certificate Do You Need?
Before you can get your Texas birth certificate, you need to know which type you need. Birth certificates as a whole fall into two categories: Certified and Informational. In some hospitals, a third type, the souvenir birth certificate, is issued to a newborn's parent(s).
Certified Texas Birth Certificate
This is the most widely accepted form of a Texas birth certificate as it will contain more information and have an official seal. Certified Texas birth certificates contain the following information.
- Information about the birth, sex of the child, time, date, and location
- Information about one or both parents
- Signed by delivering physician
- Affixed with State Health Department Official Seal or Watermark
Informational Texas Birth Certificate
These Texas birth certificates are usually kept simply as a record of the birth and will contain:
- General information regarding the birth such as sex, date, time, and location
- Signature by the attending physician
- Usually does not have any type of official seal
- Most often used in 'at home' birth situations
Souvenir Texas Birth Certificate
Some hospitals issue a souvenir birth certificate with:
- General information regarding the birth
- Inked footprints of the newborn
- Names of parent(s)
- No official signatures or seals
- Parents may ask delivering physician to sign this document
Knowing which type of Texas birth certificate you need can be confusing. Make sure the one you choose will be accepted in your situation.
How to Attempt Getting Your Texas Birth Certificate on Your Own
We will focus on getting a certified copy of your Texas birth certificate for this post. The website for getting your Texas birth certificate is somewhat confusing. The same webpage offers certificates for birth, marriage, divorce, and death. Be careful about your selection here.
Then you will be directed through a few web pages before seeing any relevant information. Also, note two different selections when you visit the information page on Texas birth certificates.
|Birth Certificate||The first selection is the only selection that will produce a certified Texas birth certificate.|
|Birth Verification Letter||This is another type of Texas birth certificate document to further confusion and cause frustrations. The only information the verification will have is location and date, and general information regarding the birth.|
You will go through their four-step process of proving your identity and reason for requesting the Texas birth certificate. Too many pages to sift through to get what you need when you need it.
Going to the Texas Vital Records Office in Person
The only option posted by the Texas Office of Vital Records is online ordering. If you want to go to an office in person, you must go to the county clerk's office of the county where the birth took place. Not an option if you quickly need a San Antonio birth certificate and live in Dallas.
If you can go to the county clerk's office, be sure you check their website for hours of operation as Covid-19 protocols have many offices operating a reduced hours schedule.
These different certificate choices and means of getting a Texas birth certificate, plus trying to get to a county clerk's office under new guidelines, are simply too confusing and frustrating. Not to mention the amount of time you will need to devote to getting your Texas birth certificate.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Texas?
Here's how much it costs to get a Birth Certificate copy in different parts of Texas:
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Texas Vital Statistics
Department of State Health Services
|P.O. Box 12040
Austin, TX 78711-2040
|Arlington Vital Records Bureau||101 W. Abram
Arlington, TX 76010
|City Of Austin Office Of Vital Records||7201 Levander Loop
Austin, TX 78702
|City Of Edinburg||415 West University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78541
|City Of Waco||225 W. Waco Drive
Waco, TX 76707
|Fort Bend County Clerk||301 Jackson Street
Richmond, TX 77469
|Kaufman County Clerk||100 W. Mulberry Street
Kaufman, TX 75142
|Northeast Tx Public Health District||815 N. Broadway Avenue
Tyler, TX 75702
|Tarrant County Clerk||200 Taylor Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
|San Antonio Office Of The City Clerk, Vital Records||719 South Santa Rosa
San Antonio, TX 78204
How to Use DoNotPay to Get Your Texas Birth Certificate
DoNotPay is a simple answer to your Texas birth certificate questions. With DoNotPay, you can relax knowing you are getting the correct type of Texas birth certificate in the fastest way possible.
Look at how easy it is to get your Texas birth certificate using DoNotPay.
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
That's it! Spend your time doing something that you enjoy instead of chasing down your Texas birth certificate.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay
DoNotPay is your one-stop, all-inclusive information hub for Texas birth certificates. Here are three good solid reasons to use DoNotPay.
- DoNotPay is fast. As quickly as you can answer a few basic questions, DoNotPay will be hard at work on your behalf.
- DoNotPay is easy. DoNotPay is even easier than filling out an online survey.
- DoNotPay is successful. DoNotPay creates success stories every day, and yours can be next.
There simply is no better way to get your Texas birth certificate.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Besides getting your Texas birth certificate, DoNotPay can help you learn more about birth certificates like where to get birth certificates, applying for birth certificates, getting your birth certificate online, getting a birth certificate for a newborn, and even replacing a lost birth certificate.
Let DoNotPay show you just how easy it can be to get a Texas birth certificate!