How to Connect With an Inmate From Telford Unit
The Barry B. Telford Unit is one of the maximum-security facilities in Texas. It was built to house around 2800 male inmates in eight massive blocks.
Even though many prisoners have been incarcerated for more aggressive crimes, Telford Unit gives them a second chance by providing them with rehabilitative vocational work. Inmates are also encouraged to pursue different courses, like their GEDs, life skills education, parental classes, and more.
If you want to do an inmate search at the Telford Unit, DoNotPay has the solutions you need. We can also help you connect with a loved one in prison if you have all their details.
Telford Unit Contact Information
The Telford Unit is located along Highway 98 in New Boston, the unincorporated section of Bowie County, TX. Here's the detailed contact information:
|Physical Address||W10237 Lake Emily Road, Fox Lake, WI 53933-0147|
|Website||Texas Department of Criminal Justice|
How to Connect With an Inmate From Telford Unit
Connecting with an inmate can be a little hard if you don't know how or where to find them, and that's why we're here to help. Let us have the hard part of locating your loved ones, so you can enjoy the fun part of corresponding with them.
DoNotPay will help you send letters, money, or care packages once we find them.
When sending mail to the Telford Unit, it's good to have the inmate's name and Texas DOJ number, even if you're only writing for a pen pal. It makes it easy for the prison officials to sort and deliver the mail to the recipients.
Here's what you need to do to guarantee that your mail will be received and possibly get the inmate to write back:
- Ensure that you understand all the mail rules.
- Avoid spraying perfume or decorating the envelope with stickers.
- Write the recipient's name and address at the center of the envelope.
- Include your name and return address in the top-end corner of the envelope and the letter.
Mailing address for Telford inmates:
Inmate Name, TDCJ ID Number
3899 Highway 98
New Boston, TX 75570
Visitation rules might differ from prison to prison but some standard ones apply across all institutions, the Telford Unit included. For example, you need to be on the inmate's approved visitation list before you can be allowed to visit them.
Here are a few more things you need to do:
- Call the prison before your visit to confirm if the inmate is still at the facility and if they're eligible for visits.
- Do not carry any contraband. To know what's classified as contraband, you can contact the prisoner or find the details from the TDCJ. Come with valid identification during the visitation.
- If you want to give them money, you'll only be allowed up to $20 in quarters and kept in a clear, zip-lock bag.
Barry B. Telford Unit visiting hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Phone calls are highly restricted at the institution, and prisoners can only make calls to their friends and family.
If you're not sure what to send a loved one to prison, here are some of the most common things that always get approved:
- Token money
- Photos, books, magazines, and publications
- Anniversary cards
Find out from the inmate if there are any other restrictions on sending items, or let us help you.
Connect With an Inmate From Telford Unit With Help From DoNotPay
Thanks to DoNotPay, you can communicate with an inmate in Telford Unit using these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Contact us, and we'll give you fast solutions for connecting with an inmate in Telford Unit today.
What Else Can We Do?
DoNotPay makes it easy to locate a loved one in prison and correspond with them, but we don't stop there. We have many services to make your life easy, even when you're dealing with annoying protocols from customer services or trying to schedule a DMV appointment.
You can access our services from anywhere by signing in on our website, where you will find easy solutions for:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Suing for small claims from companies and individuals
- Getting help with unpaid bills
- Protection from stalking and harassment
- Signing up for trials without sharing your credit card information
- Saving money on medical bills by applying for clinical trials
- Bypassing phone verification when signing up for services
- Getting square with robocalls
- Canceling subscriptions
- Getting refunds from the airline company
- Getting rid of spam texts
Sign up to connect with an inmate today and enjoy unlimited peace with our hassle-free processes.