How to Stop Calls From TBI Financial Services Ltd Debt Collectors
When you're struggling to make ends meet, the last thing you need is calls from . Unfortunately, if you have unpaid debts, this is exactly what you can expect. TBI Financial Services Ltd is a debt collection agency that specializes in collecting on delinquent accounts. If you've received a call from them, it's important to know your rights and what you can expect.
In this article, we will describe the possible reasons why TBI Financial Services LTD would be attempting to reach you and how to successfully clear your name with them. In addition, you will discover how DoNotPay can quickly and easily put an end to those harassing debt collection calls.
Who Is TBI Financial Services Ltd and Why Are They Calling Me?
TBI Financial Services Ltd purchases debt accounts from credit and store cards, retail finance, and unsecured and asset-backed loans. If you are receiving calls and letters from you have an outstanding debt on record with a lender you previously did business with which they are attempting to collect. They will inform you of the amount owed and want to make arrangements for you to pay the balance.
TBI Financial Services Contact Details
If you need to contact TBI Financial Services, you may reach them as follows:
|By Post:||First Floor-The Robert Cort Building
Elgar Road South
|By Telephone:||0118 931 3800|
Is TBI Financial Services Ltd a Scam?
TBI Financial Services was established in 1994 to acquire a credit portfolio from Security Pacific Trust Ltd, comprising 13K accounts. They are a reputable debt collections company that works with banks, finance companies, and credit card companies based in the U.K.
The collections team handles thousands of accounts and strives to provide professional and friendly service through phone contact.
Should You Ever Ignore Calls From TBI Financial Services Ltd?
Ignoring calls from a debt collection company will not make them stop. Instead, you should try to communicate with them to clarify the unpaid debt amount on their records. If you continue to ignore their attempts at contacting you, they can attempt to send a representative to your home.
How to Work With TBI Financial Services Ltd
The following measures will help clarify and prove the debt the company has on record in your name:
- You are not legally bound to pay the debt until you are sent written evidence of it. This can be done by sending TBI Financial Services Ltd a "Prove It" letter to request evidence of the debt.
- TBI Financial Services Ltd is required to respond to this letter with written proof of the debt on record for you and where it was incurred. If this debt figure is accurate, you are bound by law to make arrangements to pay it.
- If you are unable to afford to pay the total amount of the debt, TBI Financial Services Ltd must work out an affordable payment plan.
How Long Can TBI Financial Services Ltd Attempt to Collect a Debt?
All debt collection companies legally have up to six years to attempt to collect unpaid debts. After six years, the debt becomes statute-barred, meaning they can no longer attempt to collect or enforce their terms. The details of this statute are detailed in the Limitation Act of 1980.
What Actions Should You Take if TBI Financial Services Ltd Continues to Call You?
If TBI Financial Services Ltd won’t stop calling despite you having already communicated to them about settling the debt, or the amount was proven to be inaccurate, you can take action against them.
- Create a log of the dates, times, and names of representatives who are calling.
- Send the company a formal letter stating that you have already been in touch with them about settling the debt.
- If the amount of the debt is incorrect, advise them that they are wrongly harassing you over a debt that is incorrect.
If the above actions don't stop the company from calling, you can go a step further and contact the following agencies for assistance. They may require you to submit the log of the calls you noted as evidence.
- Trading Standards at 0300 330 1313 between 9 am and 8 pm Monday to Friday.
- Financial Ombudsman Service
- Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
You may also file a lawsuit against them in small claims court if the above measures fail to stop the harassment.
Get Debt Help With DoNotPay!
Researching debt collection laws on your own can be a time-consuming and frustrating task. Instead, let DoNotPay help you to quickly and easily determine if TBI Financial Services Ltd has broken debt collection laws.
Simply respond to a few questions and we'll help you determine what your next course of action should be. We can contact TBI Financial Services Ltd with a demand letter or even file a complaint with a governing body on your behalf.
Here's how to get started:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
DoNotPay Can Also Help With the Following Lenders and Creditors
Being the world’s first-ever robot lawyer, DoNotPay can provide debt help across all collection agencies in the UK. Here are only some of the few debt collectors that we’ve dealt with successfully:
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- DWP Debt Management
- Advantis Debt Collection
- Provident Loans
- Marston Group Holdings
- Lowell Financial
- Amigo Loans
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you with debt collections companies, DoNotPay also provides solutions and guides on many other situations, including:
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Deal with credit card issues
- File a complaint against any company
- Cancel any service or subscription
- Airline compensation hacks
It's easy to see how DoNotPay cuts through bureaucratic red tape to save you time and money. right now and explore our extensive website of guides and solutions designed to help solve many of today's common administrative annoyances.