How to Report to Tazewell County Animal Control

Animal Control How to Report to Tazewell County Animal Control

How to Report an Incident to Tazewell County Animal Control 

 is headquartered in Tremont, Illinois. Like other animal control agencies in Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, and other cities and counties around the country, they're responsible for taking in lost and stray animals, licensing pets, and managing animal emergencies, like dog bites.

It's important to know that dog bite laws vary from Texas to California, Ohio to Pennsylvania, and everywhere in between. In Illinois, a dog bite must be reported within 24 hours, and the dog must be examined for rabies. The dog owner who bites a person must pay a $25 public safety fine, which goes to the county animal control fund. The owner is also liable for any injuries the dog caused.

If you're the victim of a dog bite, or if you witness an act of animal cruelty or neglect, you're probably upset. Despite your emotional state, you have to take the correct steps to ensure the incident is reported to animal control. Failure to do so can hinder the process of protecting an at-risk animal, apprehending a sick or dangerous animal, or allowing you to get the compensation you deserve for your animal bite injuries.

Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online figuring out who to call and how to report the incident. DoNotPay can streamline the process for you, ensuring it gets done quickly and correctly. We can even help you sue for a dog bite without retaining a costly dog bite lawyer.

About Tazewell County Animal Control

 offers the following services:

  • Lost and stray animals
  • Animal adoptions
  • Pet licensing and vaccinations
  • Animal bite reporting
  • Animal cruelty investigations
  • And more

How to Report an Incident to Tazewell County Animal Control on Your Own

The Tazewell County animal shelter is open from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday. These are the ways to reach them:

Address21314 State Route 9, Tremont, IL 61568-9252
Phone Number309-925-3370 | Fax: 309-925-3633

For other concerns –

Pet Registration
  1. Visit your veterinarian to get your pet a rabies vaccine.
  1. Mail two copies of the vaccine record to Tazewell County Animal Control PO Box 158 Tremont, IL 61568
  2. Include the appropriate registration fee via check or money order or stop by the shelter to pay the fee.
Reporting a Dog Bite
  1. Call animal control at 309-925-3370.
  2. If the bite occurs after hours, you should call the Tremont Police Department at 309-925-5102.
  3. For vicious bites or attacks that result in severe injuries, call 911 immediately.

Understanding Illinois Dog Bite Laws

You are entitled to compensation if a dog bites you. In the Illinois Statutes, Chapter 510, Section 16, says,

"If a dog or other animal, without provocation, attacks, attempts to attack, or injures any person who is peaceably conducting himself or herself in any place where he or she may lawfully be, the owner of such dog or other animal is liable in civil damages to such person for the full amount of the injury proximately caused thereby."

Chapter 510, Section 13 says that if a dog bites someone, the dog owner must submit the dog for observation by a veterinarian, who will ensure the dog does not have rabies.

It's essential to report a dog bite immediately. If you're in pain and taking care of your medical concerns, you may not have the time or mental energy to figure out how to , Illinois. That's where DoNotPay comes in. We can file the report with the county and demand compensation from the dog owner to ensure they pay for your medical bills. 

How to Report an Animal-Related Incident With the Help of DoNotPay

Reporting a dog bite or another animal-related incident to  can be stressful. Are you sure you're reporting it to the proper authorities? Are you doing it in time to ensure the animal can be taken care of and, if applicable, the owner can be held accountable? Are you including all the right information about the incident to prevent delays? Will the owner give you the money to cover your medical bills, or will you have to sue them in small claims court?

You don't have to manage all that on your own. If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Why Use DoNotPay for Animal Bites and Other Incidents

DoNotPay is designed to simplify stressful legal and financial situations. We make it fast and easy to file government reports, demand compensation from the owner of a biting dog, or even sue that owner in small claims court if it becomes necessary. Simply answer a few questions about the incident, and we'll file the report with the authorities in charge of that jurisdiction. Rest assured, we're taking care of all the details, and you'll receive instructions about any next steps that are required.

DoNotPay simplifies dog bite reporting and many other tasks in every state.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

We're here to manage confusing and frustrating legal and financial issues, helping you save time and money. Take a closer look at everything DoNotPay can do:

Learn more about how DoNotPay can help you with many of life's legal and financial challenges, and get started today.

Want your issue solved now?