How to Fight and Waive Swappa Fees
Swappa is a P2P marketplace for buying and selling new and gently used electronics. It lets vendors list laptops, cameras, phones, video games, watches, tablets, or smart home devices on the website and sell them to individual buyers.
Swappa doesn't charge vendors any fee to create a listing or sell things. It, however, automatically adds a fee that buyers cover when they purchase an electronic. As a new buyer who wants to fight or waive , you may be unsure of the process since the platform makes it hard to file a dispute. DoNotPay can help ease the process.
DoNotPay has been helping people like you fight and waive fees across different platforms, including Kraken, PayPal, eBay, Robinhood, Shopify, CoinBase, and Etsy.
How Much Does Swappa Charge per Transaction?
are built into the listing price and are paid by the buyer at the time of purchase. According to Swappa, buyers only pay a small sale fee that's automatically added to the price of each normal listing. But while their charges are lower compared to other platforms like eBay, the fees can go as high as hundreds of dollars, which can be burdensome to many people.
Here's a breakdown of Swappa fees per transaction:
|Sold Price ($)||Swappa Fee|
paid by buyer ($)
Swappa Fee Explained
Swappa makes it easy and safe to buy and sell quality tech devices. However, it charges buyers a small fee. Sellers also incur PayPal fees for sold products. PayPal's fees are 3.49% + $0.49 per transaction, but may vary.
Sellers see two types of fees listed in the transaction information for any payment they get from a sale.
- The first fee is the one charged by PayPal or the standard fee. It's always highlighted in the transaction details as well as in the seller's PayPal account history.
- The second fee is the Partner fee, which sellers may notice when checking transaction details. Partner fee is added as part of a PayPal transaction. On Swappa, it is a combination of sales tax (where applicable) and Swappa fee. The buyer pays the partner fee. For example, if a seller sells a phone for $150, they would set their ask price to be $150 when they create a listing. The seller gets $150 minus the PayPal fee when you buy the phone.
How to Appeal Swappa Fees
You can get a refund for a sale fee if the sale is void. The money you pay to Swappa is a service fee. If Swappa doesn't perform its services as advertised, leading to a failed sale, you're entitled to a refund. But the refunds are subject to PayPal's refund limitations, and Swappa doesn't provide reimbursements of sales outside of PayPal's refund window.
If you decide to void a sale through no fault of the seller, Swappa won't be entitled to a refund of the sale fee, and the refund, in this case, will be at the discretion of Swappa's support team.
Appealing Swappa fees can be frustrating, especially with all the legalities involved in the process. But you don't have to do it alone. DoNotPay can help you appeal the Swappa fee and get you a refund quickly.
Does Swappa Have Hidden Fees?
According to Swappa, they have no contracts and no hidden fees. But many buyers often have no idea the amount they'll pay upon purchase.
How to Appeal Swappa Fees by Yourself
Swappa recommends that customers only file disputes when disagreements can't be resolved or when the seller isn't responsive to the reported issue. Also, you can only file when instructed by Swappa's support team to do so. Swappa's sales fee should never be disputed as the company will willingly refund payment when the sale isn't completed at the fault of Swappa or the seller.
But if you wish to appeal, you may contact Swappa customer support through email or mail. You may also need to fill out online forms or use Swappa promotions or discount codes to waive fees and service charges.
How to Appeal Swappa Fee if You Can't Do It Yourself
Appealing Swappa fees is never easy. You're likely to encounter hiccups along the way. But there's no need to struggle on your own or give up altogether. DoNotPay will help take the stress out of the process and help you fight and waive Swappa fees. All you have to do is:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay to Appeal for Swappa Fees
DoNotPay eases the process and helps you appeal to Swappa fees. We will create the best argument for your case through our Fight and Waive Fees product and ensure your request is delivered to Swappa for processing. DoNotPay is:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to appeal Swappa fees.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in appealing Swappa fees.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies, Groups, and Entities With a Click of a Button
DoNotPay doesn't just help you appeal Swappa fees. It can also fight and waive:
We have years of experience dealing with customer support issues and helping people like you waive fees and get refunds. During our time in business, we've realized that many people have no idea of hidden fees until the last checkout stage. That's why we are happy to announce our new product, appealing Swappa fee with a few clicks.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Discovering and applying for scholarships.
- Contacting embassies and consulates.
- Notarizing documents.
- Standardized legal documents.
- Creating passport photos.
- Reducing property taxes.
- Airline flight compensation.
- Appeals for banned accounts.
- Filing complaints
Let DoNotPay handle the hard work so you can focus on what you do best. Sign up to get started!