Sushi Iwa in White Rock, BC: Do You Need Reservations?
If you're headed to Vancouver, British Columbia, you'll absolutely want to visit its neighboring community of White Rock and check out Sushi Iwa. Sushi Iwa is a hotspot in the Vancouver metropolitan area, popular for both its takeout and dine-in options.
You don't need reservations to dine at Sushi Iwa, though they're recommended. And with this restaurant becoming a not-so-hidden gem, it's possible they might have to resort to pre-paid reservations, a growing trend in the restaurant industry. And if that happens, DoNotPay has a fix to protect you from unwanted charges and cancellation fees!
A Taste of Sushi Iwa
Sushi Iwa is located steps from the Pacific, and their fresh, flavorful sushi tastes like it had an equally short journey from the ocean to your place at the sushi bar. Browse their online menu by category and you can see photos of their artfully-presented dishes. If you're still not convinced, you can check out their Google reviews, where they boast a 4.8 out of 5-star rating.
|Website||Sushi Iwa Website|
|Location||14959 Marine Dr, White Rock, BC V4B 1C3|
|Is delivery available?||Yes|
|Can you order online?||Yes|
|Serving hours||Daily 12:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.|
Our favorite dishes happen to be the chopped scallop nigiri, which can go very wrong but the chefs at Sushi Iwa get perfect, and the melt-in-your-mouth beef teriyaki. But you'll find your own favorite, though it's nearly impossible to pick just one.
What About Restaurants That Require Reservation Deposits?
We caught your attention by dropping that possibility, didn't we? As even the most acclaimed restaurants work on an ever-thinning margin and face numerous hurdles in the age of COVID, it's critical that they predict their business volume when they order their supplies and organize their staff. Reservations and deposits help restaurants stay afloat, and it's good marketing too: They convey a sense of exclusivity and demand, and that gives a reservation some prestige.
But there are drawbacks for diners if they have to give their credit card number upfront:
- What if you can't get a sitter?
- What if you have a work emergency, and can't make your reservation?
- What if there's another Covid spike, and you don't want to risk being in a cozy restaurant?
- What if you just don't feel like going out on the night your reservation arrives?
- What if the restaurant adds cancellation charges?
- What if I'm concerned that my credit card number won't be securely stored by the restaurant?
That's when it's helpful to have a one-time-use burner card to pay your deposit: It guarantees that your real card or bank account won't be charged with additional fees if you have to cancel your reservation at the last minute.
DoNotPay Offers Reservation "Burner Credit Cards"!
Whether you're trying to get a table at the hottest restaurant in town or tentatively planning a vacation, burner cards can protect you from unwanted charges levied after you've paid in advance. Here's how easy it is:
- Search "Reservation Credit Card" on DoNotPay.
- Tell us the name of the hotel, restaurant, or other services you want to use this card for.
And that's it! You can opt to put whatever amount you want to on your new burner card, and rest assured that the restaurant or hotel can't access your personal Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, or American Express card.
Why Burner Cards Are Useful When Making Restaurant Reservations
Here are three reasons why DoNotPay’s burner cards are essential when it comes to making restaurant reservations:
- With a burner card, you don’t run the risk of identity theft because your real credit card number will remain protected.
- You won’t be hit with any surprise or hidden fees, like if you miss your reservation or show up late.
- It’s fast and easy to set up, so you won’t waste time when making your risk-free reservation.
Traveling? Don't Forget DoNotPay's Burner Card App!
Here are some all-the-rage North America restaurants you might want to visit, and yes—many of them require full payment in advance, if not a deposit to book your reservation:
Even if your favorite upscale restaurant doesn't require upfront payment, they might soon. It's a good idea to check in with them before you head out, and have DoNotPay handy when you do.
Find Out What Else DoNotPay Can Do
We sure don't! DoNotPay has hundreds of apps to get you through life's daily hassles and threats to your wallet. Using us is like having your very own personal assistant, or even legal aid, depending on the task you want to tackle. Here are a few that might be waiting for your attention as you read this:
- Save money on prescriptions
- Get your pet licensed online
- Request sick leave from your job
- Reduce your property taxes
- Cancel free trials and subscriptions without getting charged
- Put an end to robocalls, and get compensated for violations