Suing Homeowners Insurance for Injury in Small Claims Court
Homeowner’s insurance is insurance that pays for personal injuries and property damages that occur at an individual’s home due to circumstances specified in the insurance policy. Unfortunately, these insurance companies do not always play fair, and when they deny these claims, homeowners are left struggling with their injuries and the resulting bills that emerge.
Fortunately, there are legal options you can pursue when your homeowner’s insurance denies your claim.
Reasons to File a Lawsuit Against Your Homeowner’s Insurance For Injury in Small Claims Court
One of the most common questions people have after their claim is denied by their homeowner’s insurance is whether they can pursue legal action against their insurance company. Thankfully, the answer is yes. These disputes are actually quite common in small claims courts. In fact, some of the most common reasons people file a lawsuit against their homeowner’s insurance are because:
- The insurance company failed to pay on a covered claim.
- The insurance company failed to respond.
Who to Sue and Why
|Sue Your Homeowner’s Insurance For Injury in Small Claims Court For Failing to Pay on a Covered Claim||If your homeowner’s insurance denied a claim that was within the policy you purchased, you can pursue legal action against them in small claims court and let the judge determine if your case falls under your policy.|
|Sue Your Homeowner’s Insurance For Injury in Small Claims Court For Failing to Respond to You||If you have tried everything to reach your insurance company, and they continue to ignore your requests to reimburse you for your injuries, you can pursue legal action against them in small claims court. They will likely respond quite quickly when a judge is in charge of determining whether there is a valid judgment against them.|
File a Lawsuit Against Your Homeowner’s Insurance for Injury in Small Claims Court by Yourself
If your homeowner’s insurance denies your claim, you can file a lawsuit against them. However, to file this lawsuit, there are certain steps you need to take:
- You will begin by filing an administrative appeal with the insurance company. If it is denied, you can proceed with a lawsuit.
- To initiate this suit, you need to file a complaint with the court and notify the insurance company of the lawsuit.
- The insurance company will need to file an answer to the complaint or risk a default judgment.
- Once initial documents are filed, you and the insurance company will participate in the discovery process, where you will exchange information and depositions.
- If you cannot settle your lawsuit at any point, you can proceed to trial, where the court will decide your case.
Although the steps are easy to break down, this process is long and arduous, and the outcome is never guaranteed. That is why it may not be the best idea to take on this legal claim without any help.
Dangers/Issues With Filing a Lawsuit By Yourself
You need to remember that if you are filing a lawsuit yourself, you need to know precisely what you are doing. Otherwise, you will lose your case. That is why it is important to understand the various issues that can arise when you proceed with a lawsuit by yourself, such as:
- Not being able to follow all the required procedures to bring your case to trial
- Not being able to defend yourself against the other side’s claim, which can end in your case becoming dismissed before it even starts
- Not being able to meet all the technical requirements you need to prove your case
How to Sue Your Homeowner’s Insurance For Injury With DoNotPay
Fortunately, with DoNotPay, you don’t have to worry about taking on the legal process alone. DoNotPay will allow you to level the playing field and get the legal information you need to take on your case and win.
How does it work?
Once you download DoNotPay and select the Sue Now Product, all you will have to do is enter the dollar amount you are owed and describe the reason for the lawsuit. From there, the app will:
- Prepare a demand letter for you, which means all you will have to do is download it, print it, and send it.
- Fill out the required court forms, ensuring they meet the specific requirements.
- Help you file your court forms with the court.
- Let you know exactly what steps you need to take next.
- Get you ready for trial, even providing you with a script of what you need to say.
As you see, suing your homeowner’s insurance for injury does not have to be complicated. With DoNotPay on your side, your whole case can be prepared in minutes, and you will have the peace of mind that you have the support you need to take on your claim and fight for the money you deserve.
Sue Anyone With DoNotPay
Got a gripe with a big corporation? We’ve got you covered. DoNotPay is an app that is home to the world’s first robot lawyer. It uses AI-powered technology to assist you while you pursue legal action against your homeowner’s insurance in small claims court.
All you have to do is let the app know what type of case you are filing, who you want to sue, and some other required details about yourself. From there, DoNotPay will get to work and take care of this whole legal process at the press of a button. Here are just a few of the claims we can help you pursue.