Where To Find Startup Business Loans
Setting up a business calls for a lot of resources, regardless of the scale. If you lack the funds for your launch, you can turn to lenders for financial assistance. In this article, we take a look into startup business loans—how to qualify, where to get them, and what the best programs are. We also explain how a subscription to DoNotPay can help you get your business off the ground.
Depending on the targeted niche, the costs can vary significantly. For example, opening a craft brewery is more costly than setting up a dropshipping store since you need to procure and accommodate specialized equipment.
Whatever the nature of your business is, you should factor in the following expenses:
- Incorporation fees—Up to $300
- Insurance—Approximately $1,200 per year
- Inventory—Takes 17–25% from the total budget
- Equipment—Anywhere from $10,000 to $125,000 (and possibly more)
- Workspace—From $100 to $1,000 per capita per month
- Marketing campaign—From 0% to 10% of the startup budget
- Website—Around $40 per month, depending on the provider
- Additional costs—Consulting services, travel, shipping, etc.
If you haven’t acquired the working capital for the first few months, you can apply for a startup business loan. How do small business loans work? You get the necessary funds from lenders who specifically invest in new businesses and pay them back according to agreed-upon terms.
Your chosen industry and the goods and services you provide will determine the type of loan and the amount you need. Some of the most common types of startup loans are:
- Asset-based financing—It is meant for financing company assets (e.g., real estate, equipment, and invoicing). Small business loans that are tied to assets often require tangible collateral in case the company fails
- SBA loans—The Small Business Administration (SBA) is a government organization that acts as a mediator between borrowers and lenders. If you apply for their Microloan program, you can get a lump sum of up to $50,000 with interest rates from 5.5%. The SBA startup loan is provided by either a non-profit lender or a bank
- Personal loans—You don’t have to go through an institution to apply for a startup loan. Instead, you can find an online lender and ask for a personal loan directly. Note that these types of loans are conditioned by personal credit history and income
- Crowdfunding—Statistics have shown that crowdfunding has generated over $17.2 billion of revenue in North America. Websites such as Kickstarter present a solid opportunity for acquiring funds
- Friends and family—Many business owners turn to their friends and family for financial aid at the beginning of their journey
For a company to be approved for a startup business loan, it must adhere to certain terms and conditions. The qualifications are different for each financing method, but you should pay close attention to the following:
|Small Business Startup Loan Requirement||Description|
|Complying with lender’s specifications|
|Good credit score||
|The proper financial and legal documentation||Borrowers must prepare and file the right paperwork when applying for a startup business loan. The documents you need to gather are:
Acquiring a loan for a small to mid-scale business that is merely starting up is no easy task. While there are several options for borrowing the necessary resources, the number of lenders willing to pour funds into new businesses is limited. If you want to increase the likelihood of getting a small business loan for your startup, try DoNotPay!
Our Small Business Loan Request Letter product can help you file the necessary paperwork, ensuring you don’t miss a single step of the process. The best part is—the feature is entirely streamlined!
All you have to do is:
- Log in to your DoNotpay account using any browser
- Access the Small Business Loan Request Letter product
- Provide details regarding your business and the loan (e.g., the amount you are requesting)
- Upload the relevant paperwork
You can rely on DoNotPay to do the rest! Our AI-powered app will compose a loan request letter based on the provided data and forward it to your chosen lender.
We can even find a suitable lender for you through our integrated Find Online Business Loan Lender feature. Provide our chatbot with some relevant info, and we will return the top three lenders that match your needs!
DoNotPay has created a plethora of simple-to-use features that will help you run your business the best way possible. Here are some aspects we can help you take care of:
You can use our app to resolve many other business-related issues. DoNotPay can help you deal with fake reviews that are ruining the reputation of your business by analyzing the harmful review and figuring out the best way to go about it.
Do you wish to protect the privacy of your clients and prevent their data from being collected while they are on your website? Use our app to file a self-certification request with the Privacy Shield program.
If you need help automating the filing of 83(b) election forms, DoNotPay has the right solution for you and your employees or shareholders! With our app, you will be able to finish the entire process with a few clicks.
Another perk of using our app is that we can help you fax and mail any documents or letters without having to leave your home or office.
DoNotPay will help you handle all your business tasks in the blink of an eye!