Ways to Report Animal Injury to St. Clair County Animal Control

Animal Control Ways to Report Animal Injury to St. Clair County Animal Control

How to Contact St. Clair County Animal Control Fast

Chances are, you've come into contact with an aggressive animal at some point in your life. You may have even suffered an injury from an attack by one of these aggressive animals. What can you do to get the compensation you deserve, though? How can you report a dog bite to the animal control in St. Clair County?

If you're worried about an aggressive animal, be sure to contact animal control immediately. DoNotPay can help you do this without the normal hassle you'd have to go through. They'll be there to make the whole process much easier and less stress-inducing for you.

About St. Clair County Animal Control

St. Clair County Animal Control is located in St. Clair County, Michigan. Their website allows you to make online donations or fill out online animal adoption forms. They also link you to web pages for dog licenses, adoption lists, and how to look for your lost pet. They do not, however, allow you to make a dangerous animal report online. 

St. Clair County Animal Control Location, Hours, and Contact Details

Address3378 Griswold Road, Port Huron, Michigan, 48060
Phone(810) 984-3155
Fax(810) 984-3156
EmailContact Form
Licensing Hours8:30 am to 4:00 pm (Monday - Friday)
Adoption Hours (by Appointment)10:30 am to 3:30 pm (Monday - Friday)

Michigan Dog Bite Laws

The state of Michigan, which includes St. Clair County, has strict rules surrounding dog bites. The owner of the animal is held liable any time a person has been bitten, even if the dog has no history of aggressive behavior. Under section 287.351 of Michigan's Legislature, dog bite and leash laws require dog owners to compensate the victim for any and all damages caused by their animal. 

Can You Sue Someone for Dog Bites?

In St. Clair County, you can sue someone for a dog bite. The victim has legal rights to compensation for medical costs and psychological trauma related to the injury. The compensation can also include any lost wages if the injury causes one to be out of work and/or compensation for plastic surgery related to any scars from the attack.

How to Sue for a Dog Bite in St. Clair County

Suing for a dog bite can be a very lengthy and time-consuming process, but it may be necessary for you if you've sustained an injury. Medical care costs can be expensive, so it's better to take advantage of the Michigan dog bite laws and report/demand compensation for the aggressive attack.

To sue for a dog bite in St. Clair County:

  1. Collect information. Get information about the animal, its owner(s), and anything else pertaining to the attack. It will all need to be in writing, and make sure to talk to witnesses as well.
  2. Document the attack. Take pictures or recordings of the injury or injuries, and be sure to note how the injury has impacted your daily life. This could mean noting the amount of pain you're in, how long you've been out of work, what you're limited to doing, or anything else that's a result of the injury.
  3. Contact an attorney or lawyer. If you know you're going to sue, you'll want to have an attorney on your side to help you present your case.

It's easier to settle the issue out of court, but if the dog owner refuses to compensate you then taking them to court will be beneficial to you. If you're having trouble finding a lawyer, DoNotPay's "Sue Now" product can prevent you from going through all the trouble by yourself. 

Something to keep in mind when taking someone to court for a dog bite in St. Clair County is that the statute of limitations in the state of Michigan for a dog bite is three years. If you want to take action after that, you won't be able to. 

How to Sue For/Report a Dog Bite in St. Clair County on Your Own

The easiest way to report a dog bite in St. Clair County on your own is to call the animal control center within the county. They'll guide you through the process of making a report or send you to the person you need to report to. Unfortunately, their website doesn't state exactly how to do this, so it's rather confusing from the start. 

To sue for a dog bite, you'll have to go through small claims and/or contact an attorney to help you with the legal proceedings. Finding the right lawyer can be a hassle, as well as expensive, and sometimes it can take hours of searching and making phone calls before you find the right person for your case.

Report a Dog Bite in St. Clair County With the Help of DoNotPay

Using DoNotPay to report an animal-related incident is the absolute easiest way to go about the issue. Even when it comes to suing someone for an animal attack, DoNotPay has you covered!

How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Don't spend hours trying to figure out the issue on your own; contact DoNotPay and let them handle it for you.

Why Use DoNotPay to Report a Dog Bite in St. Clair County

DoNotPay makes everything so much easier, whether your issue is an everyday issue or a legal one like dog bites. They can definitely help you out because DoNotPay is:

  • Fast - You don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to make a report
  • Easy - You don't have to fill out tedious forms or keep track of information yourself
  • Successful - You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you

DoNotPay Works Across All Animal Controls in the Country With the Click of a Button

Not only can DoNotPay help you report or sue for a dog bite in St Clair County, but they can also help you report a bite in

As well anywhere in the country! Don't miss out on the opportunity to use DoNotPay for your dog bite issue, no matter where you are.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

DoNotPay can do a lot of things! Aside from helping you report a dog bite, DoNotPay can also contact government representatives, file neighbor complaints, and help you with small claims court. Whatever you need, DoNotPay is there to help.

Want your issue solved now?