How to Get in Touch With an Inmate at the Southern State Correctional Facility
Considering that there are more than 8 million people that go through the jail system on an annual basis. That means that more people go through the jail system in the United States on an annual basis than receive a parking ticket. Many of these individuals, including those incarcerated at Southern State Correctional Facility (SSCF), may only have a few months to a few years on their sentence, but while they are there, many do not have regular communication with their family and friends.
Where Is the Southern State Correctional Facility Located?
The Southern State Correctional Facility is a prison that is located in Maurice River Township in New Jersey. The facility is strictly for adult male prisoners. The SSCF facility is part of the New Jersey Department of Corrections. The facility is located adjacent to the Bay State Prison, where it began housing inmates as far back as 1983.
How Do I Contact The Southern State Correctional Facility?
If you are looking to contact someone at the Southern State Correctional Facility, there are several ways that you are able to contact someone who is an inmate at that facility.
General contact information for the SSCF facility in New Jersey:
|Physical Address||Southern State Correctional Facility
4297 Route 47
Delmont, New Jersey 08314.
|General Contact Phone Number||(856) 785-1300|
|General Contact Website||https://www.state.nj.us/|
|General Contact Email||https://njdoc.gov/pages/emailForm.html|
How to Contact Inmates at Southern State Correctional Facility on Your Own
These are several ways to contact an inmate at the Southern State Correctional Facility. If you need to contact them about a loved one that you believe might be in their facility, you will need the person's name or prison number and their ID, and you will be able to reach out via any of these means for more information.
Southern State Correctional Facility provides visitation hours for all three of their facility buildings, which can house up to 2,050 prisoners at a given time. Luckily, friends and family can visit their respective inmates in this facility.
|Compound A & B||Saturdays-Sundays||8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
12:15 PM - 3:00 PM
|Registration||8:15 AM - 10:00 AM
12:00 PM - 1:45 PM
|Minimum Units||Saturdays-Sundays||8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
12:30 PM - 3:00 PM
|Registration||8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of visiting and follow the facility's dress code when you visit, or your visit will be denied.
You can mail letters to inmates to the following address:
Inmate's Name, ID Number
Southern State Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 150 Delmont
New Jersey 08314
If you would like to learn more about writing letters to inmates, DoNotPay is here to help.
If you wish to send money to an inmate, you will need to use the services provided by JPay deposit form from www.jpay.com/moneyorder. Please note that the money order will be processed within two business days.
These are the ways that you may contact and be in touch with your loved one while they serve time in the Southern State Correctional Facility.
Difficulties with Communicating With Loved Ones at Southern State Correctional Facility
Communication is generally quite regulated when an individual goes to jail. However, to make it even harder, many companies are private in nature, such as JPay is making billions of dollars by charging inmates money to contact their own family members. Family members who have someone in the jail system struggle to afford these fees and charges in order to talk to their loved ones. If a parent is in jail and they are not working, the family income will drop, and the family will find it even harder to communicate with their loved ones while they are serving their jail sentence.
DoNotPay has had many angry and fed-up family members contacting us for assistance. They cannot afford the astronomical fees that companies are charging to speak to or contact their family members. DoNotPay is proud of our commitment to being here for families with a loved one in prison. We want to help them communicate regularly without money being an issue any longer.
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner - Our Write a Prisoner digital tool makes postal communication easier than ever before. All you do is write, and we'll print and ship everything for you.
- Inmate Visitation - We know all the ins and outs of Georgia's visitation rules. If you have any difficulties with visitation, DoNotPay can help.
- Prison Pen Pals - We can help you get in touch with an unknown prisoner at Coastal State Prison to become Pen Pals.
- Addressing Letters - If your mail isn’t properly addressed, it may not ever make it to your loved one.
Using DoNotPay to Locate Your Loved One in Southern State Correctional Facility
If you're looking to ensure that your loved one is indeed staying at the Southern State Correctional Facility (SSCF), DoNotPay can help you ensure that you are in the right place to find your loved one or family member. All you have to do to check to see where your loved one or family member is located is complete the following five steps in order to have us complete a search to find the person you are looking for:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Following these steps will help us find the information that you want about your loved one and allow you to send virtual letters to them to communicate on a regular basis. The inmate can write letters back, and we will digitize and upload them for you to hear back from your loved one or family member after you write to them.
Why Use DoNotPay to Help You Connect With an Inmate
The reason why DoNotPay has been successful with its continued service is due to to the fact that its:
- Fast—Don't have to spend hours trying to navigate the vague and outdated prison website for information.
- Easy—Do all of your connecting online in the comfort of your own home.
- Successful—Rest assured knowing that we will send your letter to the correct place ensuring your loved one receives their messages.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
There are a variety of things that DoNotPay can help you with on a regular basis. We are here to help you save money and help you use that money for your daily expenses. We help cancel services or other expenses that you no longer want, use, or need anymore. The following are some things that we can help you with when it comes to assisting you with your daily life:
- Suing people and companies by using small claim courts
- Scheduling a DMV appointment more conveniently
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Paying bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds for services that you no longer need, want, or use
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
These are a few ways that DoNotPay can help you save money on services or with companies that you no longer wish to use. We take the frustration out of the process and do all of the work for you. All you have to do is provide us with the information, and we will take care of the rest.