How to Speak With an Inmate at Southeastern Correctional Complex
Southeastern Correctional Complex in Lancaster, Ohio is also called Southeastern Correctional Institution. Others refer to it simply as SCC. The facility began housing inmates in 1980 and is now responsible for more than 1500 lives at any given time. More than 450 staff members help man the facility that spans more than 1300 acres.
SCC Contact Information
Warden Norm Robinson runs SCC with the help of his staff. Various community service programs help the inmates at this complex make an impact. Some make teddy bears, others receive puppy training, some handle recycling, and there are also options to assist with providing roses to the Chaplain or make sweaters.
|Physical Address||5900 B.I.S. Road Lancaster, OH 43130|
Can I Add Money to an Inmate's Account?
You can add money to an inmate's account at SCC as long as you are an approved visitor. You can send $400 per month but only up to $200 in a single transaction. You can pay in three ways:
- Money Order or JPay - This combined method requires you to have a money order as well as the money order deposit form from JPay. The name on your money order, form, driver's license, and account used to register as a visitor must all match.
- Telephone - Call the toll-free number at 1-888-988-4768 to make a deposit using your debit or credit card. Make sure to reference Site ID 86 for the appropriate location.
- Online Trust Deposit - You can deposit funds into the inmate's trust account online. You'll use the ConnectNetwork website.
Your loved one may only be able to call you if there are currently funds in his account to do so. The same applies to being able to write more letters than what the facility provides.
Can I Visit?
Most inmates are allowed visits at SCC. You'll have to apply to become an approved visitor, though. Only one visit per month is allowed with one or two people visiting.
You must go through the white gates and park in the visitor's section. The entry door is across the street. You can take a taxi to the facility or provide your own transportation, but no public transit is available.
Visiting days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, although they are subject to change. You can attend a morning session (8:30 am to 11:30 am) or an afternoon session (12 pm to 3 pm). You must make a reservation between 7 and 30 days in advance.
- Request a reservation via email - DRC.visitationSCI@odrc.state.oh.us
- Request a reservation by phone - 1-866-907-4516 (This number is only available between 9 am and 11 am, 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm on visitation days)
Can I Send Mail?
You can send letters to an inmate at SCC. You just have to make sure they are addressed properly. Be sure to include their name and ID number. You can send it to the facility address - 5900 B.I.S. Road Lancaster, OH 43130.
Inmates are allowed to send one letter per month at the institution's expense. They can send unlimited letters if you have provided funds to their account.
What About Packages?
Whether you are attempting to send packages to a prisoner pen pal, or have a loved one in mind, the same rules apply. You can only send 4 packages per year, once per quarter. Only approved vendors may be used.
- Keefe Group and Access Securepak - Click this link to shop.
- Union Supply Direct - Click this link to shop.
- Walkenhorst's - Click this link to shop.
Anyone can send a sundry or food package using these vendors. You'll just have to check with the inmate which specific items are allowed as they are the ones who are provided with the list and catalog.
Let DoNotPay Help You Connect to Southeastern Correctional Complex
DoNotPay can connect you to someone staying at the Southeastern Correctional Complex. If you already have their ID number, we can send them a letter on your behalf. If you don't know this number, we'll help you find it.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Can DoNotPay Help With Other Services?
Whether you need to connect with an inmate at Southeastern Correctional Complex (or any other institution throughout the U.S.), or you require a different type of service, DoNotPay can help. Providing you assistance to any of your pressing problems is the DoNotPay way.
- We help you get bills paid easily.
- We assist with the small claims court process.
- We fight the text spam you receive.
- We fight your email spam.
- We file complaints on your behalf.