Find Out How the South Africa Tourist Visa Works and Whether You Need One
If you’re looking forward to visiting the “Cradle of Humankind” or seeking the Big Five on safaris, find out whether you need a South Africa tourist visa before you book your trip!
DoNotPay also explains the entry requirements to South Africa for U.S. citizens!
U.S. citizens do not require a visa to enter South Africa as long as they stay 90 days or less, but they do need to have:
|All U.S. citizens||A passport valid for 30 days after their planned departure date. Some immigration officials may demand it to be valid for six more months, so it’s best to keep your passport as up-to-date as possible|
|Child in alternative care||
Due to a record number of new cases, the South African government imposes the following restrictions:
- Curfew hours are from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- All incoming travelers need to present a negative PCR test result no older than 72 hours before arrival. Those who fail to do that will be subject to an antigen test at their own expense on arrival
These circumstances can change in the future, so you should contact the Embassy of South Africa to determine whether they are still in effect.
To get up-to-date information about travel restrictions in South Africa, contact one of the diplomatic missions in the United States using the information from the table below:
|Diplomatic Mission||Contact Information||Area of Jurisdiction|
|Embassy of South Africa in Washington, D.C.||Telephone: +1-202-232-4400
|The South African Embassy in Washington, DC||Telephone: 202-232-4400 and 202-413-1953 (for emergencies)
|The South African Consulate General
|Telephone: 312-939-7929 and 312-919-1573 (for emergencies)
|The South African Consulate General||Telephone: 323-651-0902 and 323-244-0360 (for emergencies)
|The South African Consulate General
in New York City
|Telephone: 212-213-4880 and 917-200-8396 (for emergencies)
When traveling to South Africa, try to:
- Offer locals support and sympathy regarding the political situation
- Show immense respect to anyone older than you
- Be as polite as possible. The South African population is extremely diverse. Expecting you to know the etiquette for each and every present culture is unrealistic, but you can try to adapt, take a look at what everyone else is doing and keep a low profile in general
You should avoid:
- Indulging in political talk and taking sides
- Joking about or disregarding the apartheid
- Having emotional outbursts in public
With dozens of pages online explaining tourist visa requirements and a lot of them being outdated, gathering all the necessary paperwork can prove quite the challenge. It’s also not rare for an embassy to put you on hold or not answer your calls.
DoNotPay developed a feature that provides you with up-to-date information about any country’s tourist visa requirements on the spot.
Our app will:
- Check whether your destination requires you to have a tourist visa to be granted entry
- Notify you about your allowed stay if a tourist visa is not necessary
- Go through all the required documents with you to check if you have everything you need to apply for a visa
- Provide you with a direct link to the online application form if the country has one
- Create a PDF guide for you explaining the steps you need to take to request a tourist visa
To find out all you need for any tourist visa in the world:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Search for Tourist Visa Guide
- Enter a country of your choice
Explore All of Africa With Your Personal Tourist Visa Guide—DoNotPay
If you’re not done exploring Africa, subscribe to DoNotPay and find out how tourist visa applications work in the following countries:
We are dedicated to providing solutions to difficult and time-consuming tasks you may have on your to-do list. If you are struggling to reduce your monthly bills, contest parking tickets, or set DMV appointments, DoNotPay will help you do it in no time!
We have also created numerous easy-to-use features that can make the following procedures run smoothly:
- Getting rid of email and text spam
- Skipping phone queues when contacting any company’s customer service
- Requesting a return of purchased goods that didn’t meet your expectations
- Entering any sweepstake
- Filing FOIA requests
- Composing legal documents, such as powers of attorney or child travel consent forms
- Taking and editing your passport photos
Do you feel like you have been played by a company? Instead of wasting your time writing requests, demand a chargeback or refund or claim a warranty via DoNotPay! If the company doesn’t seem too cooperative and keeps refusing to return your money, our app can assist you in suing it in small claims court.