SoundCloud's Terms of Service: What You Need To Know
Many people don't think about terms of service until a problem arises. Terms of service are important agreements provided by all companies that include guidelines regarding the company's product or service use. While a term of service is meant to help protect a company's product or service, there's also room for users to be violated.
This is why users must understand any TOS they sign, regardless of the company. Unfortunately, most terms of service include complex information that makes it harder for the average user to understand what everything means. At DoNotPay, we want to help you ensure that your rights aren't violated when signing any terms of service agreements. Today we're going to show you how to scan SoundCloud TOS successfully and why DoNotPay is the best solution for analyzing the TOS of any company.
SoundCloud Terms of Service
SoundCloud was founded in 2007. The platform focuses on providing opportunities for artists worldwide to showcase their music and allow consumers to stream it. SoundCloud is dedicated to featuring what’s new and next in music.
Signing up for SoundCloud provides users with two options: to be an artist or a listener. You can upload tracks and share your music with your social network as an artist. Additionally, artists can promote releases, interact with fans, and earn money once they monetize. You can find new music and share what you discover with your network as a listener. You can support your network by commenting, reposting, and liking music.
- Accessing or using the platform
- Registering an account
- Viewing, accessing, streaming, uploading, or downloading any information or content
Your SoundCloud Account
SoundCloud states that registering for an account isn't required. However, you acknowledge that access to certain apps and services is only available to users that choose to register. If you want to engage with SoundCloud listeners and creators, you must register for an account. To register, you must do the following:
- Supply SoundCloud with your email address
- Ensure that your email address remains valid throughout your use of the SoundCloud platform
- Create a username and password
Your Use of the Platform
SoundCloud grants users limited, personal, non-exclusive, and revocable rights and licenses to do the following:
- Submit and post content
- Participate in community areas
- Use apps and other services provided by SoundCloud
What Information Does SoundCloud Collect From Me?
How to Analyze SoundCloud Terms of Service on Your Own
- Figure out whether SoundCloud will share your information with a third party. If so, see if SoundCloud gives you an option to opt out of information sharing.
- See if any sections with ALL CAPS need special attention and analysis.
- Determine whether there is any arbitration that would prevent you from suing in court if necessary.
Easily Scan SoundCloud Terms of Service With DoNotPay
All you have to do is:
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
And that's it! DoNotPay will generate a demand letter on your behalf with every legal violation we identified that you can send to the company.
Analyze any company’s terms of service for violations and potential compensation:
If they don't comply with your demand for compensation, you can escalate the case to Small Claims Court using our Sue Now product. Analyzing TOS is easier with DoNotPay. Sign to get started!