Sonoma County Divorce Made Easy With DoNotPay
If you and your spouse are thinking of ending your marriage but don’t know where to start, DoNotPay can help! Getting divorced is a difficult process on its own, and learning the ropes is even harder.
To get divorced in Sonoma County, you or your spouse must have lived in the State of California for at least six months.
The Sonoma County divorce process can’t be finalized in less than six months from the date of paper serving. Contested divorce cases in which spouses can’t agree on certain issues take even longer to complete. That’s why couples who want their divorce to be completed as smoothly as possible opt for an uncontested divorce.
Filing for an uncontested divorce in California means that you have to agree on the following issues with your spouse:
Can’t reach a middle ground with your spouse regarding any of the issues on the list above? Why not try divorce mediation? During CA mediation sessions, you will get advice on how to compromise with your spouse and get divorced on a friendly note.
To get divorced in Sonoma County, you will first need to fill out some forms. You can get these documents on the official government website. The divorce papers you need are:
- Petition (Form FL-100)—Gives the court basic information regarding your marriage
- Summons (Form FL-110)—Has the necessary information about you and your spouse. It also prevents them from leaving the state with your marital child (if any)
- Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (Form FL-105/GC-120)—Meant for couples who have children under the age of 18
- Marital Settlement Agreement—Outlines the terms on which you’re getting divorced. The best way to get this document is to subscribe to DoNotPay
Filing for divorce in Sonoma County requires you to follow these steps:
- Completing the forms—Fill out the required forms. Some courts even offer help with completing the papers and can make sure you fill them out properly. If your divorce papers contain a mistake, you will have to start the process from scratch
- Filing the forms—Make two copies of the forms (one for your spouse, one for you, and the original for the court) and submit them to the court clerk. Keep in mind that you will have to pay a filing fee
- Serving your spouse—Ask anyone who is neutral to the case and older than 18 to serve your documents along with a Response form. They need to file the form and return it within 30 days
The outcome of your divorce in California depends on your divorce settlement agreement. This document needs to be carefully written. If you don’t want to risk making any mistakes, you can hire a lawyer to do it for you. An easier and more cost-efficient solution is to use DoNotPay.
Our AI-driven app will generate a professional divorce settlement for you in no time. You only need to follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to DoNotPay
- Select our Divorce Settlement Agreement feature
- Answer our chatbot’s questions regarding your:
- Children (if any)
- Tell us if you want us to connect you with an online notary
We will generate a tailor-made agreement that will be fair to both parties and comply with all Sonoma County divorce laws. If you’ve opted for online notarization, you will receive a link to schedule an appointment with an online notary in a few clicks!
DoNotPay’s help doesn’t end there! The world’s first robot lawyer app has various divorce articles that might come in handy, including:
|General Divorce Articles||California-Specific Divorce Articles|
Tired of brainstorming the easiest way to deal with administrative issues? We know how you feel, and we’re here to take the burden off your back!
Once you subscribe to our app, you’ll be able to resolve an abundance of bureaucratic issues with ease.
Taking a valid passport photo, reporting workplace discrimination, reducing property taxes, preparing for a government test, applying for a college fee waiver, and appealing a parking ticket are some of the many tasks we assist you with.
Are you dissatisfied with a certain company and/or its products? You don’t have to stay quiet! Use DoNotPay to file your insurance, warranty, or missing/late parcel claim effortlessly! We’ll also show you how to request an item return in a few steps.