How to Get SIMM Associates, Inc. Off Your Credit Report
In recent years, it's become harder and harder to keep up with the cost of living, as inflated prices are now affecting transportation, groceries, education—you name it! It's understandable, therefore, why you may have faced the difficult situation of being unable to afford loan payments or credit card bills. Average households across America now owe a combined $15 trillion in debt, while debt collectors report record-breaking profits. Are you suffering from a bad credit record as a result of owing money on multiple debts? Are you being contacted by for a debt you don't recognize? Knowing how to properly handle collection agencies and learning how to clean up your credit can be easier than you imagine with help from DoNotPay.
Who is SIMM Associates, Inc.?
Based in Newark, Delaware, SIMM Associates considers itself a "financial services business" assisting clients as accounts receivable management specialists. In essence, a debt collection agency. SIMM Associates have been collecting debts since 1991, and if they've contacted you, it means they're working for a client to whom you may owe money.
|Address||800 Pencader Dr.
Newark, DE 19702
PO Box 7526
Newark DE 19714
|Phone Number||(866) 572-9376 (Toll-Free)|
|Business Hours||Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EST
Despite earning an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, SIMM Associates has received numerous negative reviews. Consumer complaints left on public review sites have accused the company of harassment and other unlawful practices such as
- Failing to provide creditor information upon request
- Sending out notices for paid off or invalid accounts
- Violating do-not-call requests
As a debt collector, SIMM Associates can be unpleasant to deal with, no matter how sensitive or empathetic they claim to be. They have the resources to pursue your debts by any means necessary, so the best way to deal with is to prepare resources of your own—resources like DoNotPay.
Strategies For Disputing Your Credit Report
Before buckling into the demands of SIMM Associates, take a moment to consider your options. Not only are you protected from harassment tactics under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), but you may have grounds to dispute errors within your credit report. Here are some strategies that might help you fight back against SIMM Associates when they come collecting:
- Demand A Debt Validation Letter
- From the first moment SIMM Associates first contacts you by mail or phone, you legally have 30 days to submit a debt verification request. This means they must provide you with a debt validation letter that proves you own the debt, how much money you owe, and the name of the creditor seeking the debt.
- Dispute Inaccuracies on your Account
- If you can definitively prove there's an error in your credit report, then the credit bureau is required to take action to correct or remove it. Pull your credit report and check it carefully for inaccuracies, such as
- Typos in your name and contact information
- The balance or loan amount is wrong
- Incorrect account status.
- Sue For an Unresolved Credit Report Dispute
- If your struggle with SIMM Associates has been an ongoing problem, and you have evidence they failed to resolve a dispute, you can take legal action against them. If you need to take it to court, DoNotPay can also help you sue.
Taking the time to painstakingly check every line of your credit report may sound tedious, but it's one of the only ways you can be sure to be prepared to fight debt collectors. Cleaning up your credit report doesn't have to be such an ordeal. All you need is a little help from DoNotPay.
Get Cleaner Credit with Help from DoNotPay
Handling credit disputes and fighting with debt collectors will cost you an insane amount of time and effort. Ignoring your debts will only make things worse, and when your credit score is in the gutter it seems impossible to clean it up. The best way to face this problem isn't alone—it's with a helpful service like the Clean Credit Report product offered by DoNotPay.
Here's DoNotPay's easy 3-step approach to fixing your debt woes:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
You can also check out our other credit products, including Credit Limit Increase, Get My Credit Report, Keep Unused Cards Active, and more!
Why Use DoNotPay for SIMM Associates
- Fast- You don’t need to spend too much time online searching for solutions to remove SIMM Associates from your credit report.
- Easy- Tedious forms are a thing of the past, all you need to do is follow the three steps and DoNotPay will get the ball rolling.
- Successful- DoNotPay advocates for you and you can rest assured that it will make the best case for you.
More Great Services From DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you , or any other debt collector, with confidence and ease. Not only that, but we offer an astounding array of other services that will help you make the most of any tough situation. Take a look at more great products you didn't know you needed from DoNotPay
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Financial Aid Appeal Letters
- Help With Bills
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Get Free Trials & Don't Get Charged
- Find Unclaimed Money
Visit our platform today and for a world of solutions and helpful advice from DoNotPay.