All You Need to Know About Shopify Fees
Shopify provides everyday people a simplified way to join the world of e-commerce. With a user-friendly interface and easy learning curve, the hosted service provides tools to showcase products, interact with customers, and accept secure payments. The service isn't free, however, and if you ever ask the company to waive Shopify fees, you could find yourself in a lengthy battle you are not likely to win on your own.
What Is Shopify?
Merchant Maverick describes Shopify as a cloud-based platform that gives small business owners all the tools they need to open and operate a successful online enterprise. Built around a monthly subscription model, it facilitates every aspect of stocking a storefront and selling goods on the web that comes with monthly Shopify fees.
What Can You Sell on Shopify?
Brick-and-mortar-based businesses are limited to selling tangible goods. Not so with cloud-based Shopify where you can sell just about anything, as long as it doesn't go against Shopify standards. Here are a few examples:
- Arts and crafts
- Custom calligraphy
- Eco-friendly household cleaners
- Scented candles
- Collectible cards
- Hair care products and cosmetics
- Kitchen towels
- Pillows, sheets, and bedding
- Handmade soap
- Video games
In addition to tangible products, service appointments, E-books, memberships, and tickets to workshops can all be sold on the platform. You can even arrange short-term rentals on Shopify if you conform to their Acceptable Use Policy.
What Can't You Sell on Shopify?
According to Shivar Web, things you can't sell or promote on Shopify include:
- Advertising that contains malicious and deceptive practices
- Anything that contains personal, confidential, and protected health information
- Anything that exploits a child in any way
- Anything that supports recognized terrorist organizations
- Bullying, defamation, harassment, or threats
- Certain products that are related to COVID-19
- Goods, services, or materials that promote any sort of self-harm
- Hateful content of any kind
- Illegal activities of any kind
- Unsubstantiated medical claims
- Price gouging
- Protected intellectual property
What Does it Cost to Use Shopify?
Shopify offers five tiers of service that come with monthly fees that range from a few bucks to four figures. According to Style Factory, these Shopify fees are:
|Shopify Lite||$9 per month|
|Basic Shopify||$29 per month|
|Shopify||$79 per month|
|Advanced Shopify||$299 per month|
|Shopify Plus||$2,000 per month (negotiable)|
You may be able to save on monthly fees if you pre-pay for an annual or biannual plan.
How to Ask Shopify to Waive Fees by Yourself
The Shopify Terms of Service (TOS) clearly states "no refunds" several times. Nonetheless, if you still wish to dispute any fees or charges associated with your Shopify account, you are welcome to contact Shopify Support and make your best case. Good luck with that. If you want to have a Shopify fee waived completely, you may need the assistance of DoNotPay artificial intelligence lawyer.
DoNotPay Offers a Simpler and Faster Way to Waive Shopify Fees
Fighting fees on your own can be an unnerving, time-consuming process. Try on your own, and you may get so frustrated, you give up entirely and never get your fees waived. That's one reason why DoNotPay offers people like you a simple service that can get all sorts of fees, including Shopify fees, waived on your behalf.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Other Fees DoNotPay Can Fight and Waive
No matter what sort of fee you would like to see waived, DoNotPay knows exactly how to make it happen in a hurry. We can waive bank fees, including ATM fees, overdraft fees, credit card fees, wire transfer fees, and international monetary transaction fees. Were you overcharged for airline baggage? Have you amassed a pile of overdraft fees at your bank or credit union? DoNotPay can get those fees waived for you.
In addition to waiving Shopify fees, DoNotPay can easily submit waiver claims for:
- eBay fees
- Coinbase fees
- RobinHood fees
- PayPal fees
- Spirit Airlines baggage fees
- Homeowner Association (HOA) fees
- Etsy fees
- Chase Bank checking account fees
- American Airlines baggage fees
DoNotPay Saves Money, Time, and Headaches
Even when you know that you deserve to have a Shopify fee waived, making it happen can be a convoluted, confounding process. Getting refunds and waiving fees is something DoNotPay does every day of the year. We're good at what we do, and we can help you get virtually any kind of fee waived.
DNP began as a service to help people get out of parking tickets with the assistance of artificial intelligence. Think of us as your robot lawyer who never gets tired. We don't take vacations, and we don't give up.
If you need us to claim a Shopify fee waiver on your behalf, let us know. DoNotPay is here to help 24/7!