How Shell's FuelSave Program Can Help You Save Hundreds
As our name suggests, DoNotPay is all about finding ways for you not to pay for countless things. At the very least, we want to help you pay as little as possible. One of the ways to save cash is by taking advantage of Shell Fuel Points. You read that right! Royal Dutch Shell now offers Fuel Rewards memberships, which allow you to save five cents per gallon when filling up at participating Shell gas stations.
How Do You Sign Up to Earn Shell Fuel Points?
Shell's website fails to explain exactly how one should go about signing up for its Fuel Points program, nor does there seem to be a clear and simple way of doing it online. It can only be assumed that anyone interested in participating in the Fuel Points offering would have to visit the nearest participating Shell gas station to sign up.
Certain purchases are excluded from earning you Fuel Points. They include:
- Alcohol and tobacco purchases
- Fuel purchases
- The purchase of wireless phones and airtime cards
- Purchases made using gift certificates or Shell's Gift Cards
- Purchasing lottery tickets
- Purchasing money orders or postage stamps
- All Financial variable load cards (such as Visa, American Express, and MasterCard)
- Mail-order services
- Product deposit (if applicable)
- Promotional tickets
- Some pharmacy exclusions also apply
To read the complete terms and conditions, you can visit the "How Fuel Points Work" page on Shell's official Fuel Rewards website.
Do I Need a Shell Fuel Rewards Card?
Shell's instructions for signing up for, linking to, and using its Fuel Reward points are convoluted, to say the least. When simply searching for basic information concerning the program, you're directed to several totally different websites. Each site deals with individual processes that are required to earn and use Shell Fuel Reward points. On one of these websites, it explains that no special Fuel Rewards card and alt ID are required. However, you do have to link a debit or credit card of your choice to Shell's "Link & Save" service. This is how Shell solves the issue of having to produce, distribute, and manage its own rewards cards.
Here are some details about Shell Fuel Rewards to help you decide if you want to join the program:
|Savings/gallon||Save at least 5¢/gal with Gold Status or 3¢/gal with Silver Status|
|How it works||Earn money off fuel for making purchases at participating restaurants, online brands, event tickets, rental cars, in-store, and more!|
|How to sign-up||Create an account with Kroger to enjoy the benefits of fuel programs|
|Additional Benefits||Combine rewards with Gold Status or Silver Status for serious fuel savings. For example, if you earned 10¢/gal at a restaurant, 20¢/gal shopping online, and 40¢/gal on a pair of concert tickets, you could combine those with 5¢/gal from Gold Status to save 75¢/gal on your next fill-up at Shell.|
|Where is it available?||Participating Shell gas stations|
How Can You Handle Shell's Fuel Rewards on Your Own?
To link your debit/credit card to your Fuel Rewards account, please follow the steps:
- Go to https://www.fuelrewards.com/
- Log in to your Fuel Rewards account
- Go to the "Manage Cards" page
- Enter your debit/credit card details and enable "Link & Save"
- When you fill your gas tank at a participating Shell station, bypass the numerous prompts at the pump—swipe your debit or credit card connected to "Link & Save" and your Fuel Rewards will be automatically applied.
Ways to Earn Fuel Rewards
According to another website covering Shell Fuel Rewards specifically, you earn Fuel Rewards in the following ways:
|Dining Out||Earn 10¢/gal for every $50 you spend at participating restaurants with a linked credit card.|
|In-Store Rewards||Earn rewards on select items at participating Shell stores.|
|Online Shopping||Earn at least 5¢/gal for every $50 you spend shopping online with brands you love.|
|Event Tickets||Earn 10¢/gal for every $50 you spend on live event tickets.|
|Featured Offers||Big brands come with big rewards. Get exclusive deals on groceries, energy, wine delivery, and more.|
|Rental Cars||Get up to 25% off base rates and earn 10¢/gal for every $50 you spend.|
How Can DoNotPay Help You Avoid the Hassle?
Don't have time for all of the hassle of signing up for a rewards account or keeping track of your points and Alt ID? DoNotPay has your back! Our Fuel Rewards product automates the sign-up process and keeps all of your information in one place, so all you have to do the next time you visit a gas station is open DoNotPay to start saving!
All you have to do is:
- Open DoNotPay and click on the Fuel Rewards Product.
- Choose whether you would like to 1) Sign up for a new rewards account, 2) See your Alt ID, or 3) Check on your fuel points. If it's your first time using our product, you'll be prompted to sign up for a rewards account first.
- If you chose to see your Alt ID or fuel points, DoNotPay will display that information for you. Otherwise, we'll guide you through a few questions so we can sign you up for a rewards account at your favorite gas station on your behalf.
And that's it! Once you sign up for a rewards account, we'll give you an Alt ID (your phone number) that you can use to redeem savings at the gas station you selected (the savings range anywhere from 5 cents to 25 cents per gallon!) If you ever forget your Alt ID or want to track your fuel points, just open the DoNotPay Fuel Rewards product!
The DoNotPay App Can Also Assist You With the Following:
Aside from helping you with saving fuel when loading up at Shell, these are other fuel rewards programs we can help you with:
- Best Fuel Rewards Guide
- Exxon Fuel Rewards Guide
- Kroger Fuel Rewards Guide
- Safeway Fuel Rewards Guide
- Murphy Fuel Rewards Guide
- 7-Eleven Fuel Rewards Guide
- AAA Fuel Rewards Guide
- BP Fuel Rewards Guide
Bypass All the Unnecessary Processes With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay first got into the business of cutting through red tape by helping people pay for their traffic tickets online. From there, the DoNotPay philosophy has spread to countless other areas. Not only can we help you save on Shell fuel costs, but our AI-driven app can help you:
- Get unbanned from online platforms
- Help you get free dental work done
- Help you get instantly approved for a virtual credit card
- Much more
To learn more about the DoNotPay app or to simply give us a suggestion, join us today!