ShareFile’s Terms of Service Explained In Plain English
ShareFile was obtained by Citrix Systems in 2011 and has since proven itself as a secure sharing and data sync service that allows users to mobilize enterprise data while also prompting productivity. With ShareFile, you can integrate your workflow with tools like Microsoft Outlook to enhance productivity.
Like any other company, is extensive and can take a while to go through. Fortunately, DoNotPay has a solution. With DoNotPay, you can scan ShareFile terms of service and get compensated for violations.
If you've been looking to check the company's terms of service, this article will review them and explain how they may impact your data.
ShareFile Terms of Service
If you sign up for a ShareFile account, you're required to accept the company's terms of service to continue. The agreement becomes official once you click the accept button. So what are the ?
The site owns any software made available to download from their website. Usage of the software is governed by the end-user license agreement that you agree to by installing or using the software. Any redistribution of the software is prohibited and may carry severe penalties.
ShareFile obtains your contact information, business profile, photographs, and financial information. The company uses this information to provide its products and services, help you complete your transaction, and manage your account. It also shares the information with third parties to conduct advertising and marketing activities.
The ShareFile terms of service were last updated on July 1, 2015.
What Happens if the ShareFile Terms of Service Are Violated?
Using ShareFile means that you've granted them access to terminate or block you from accessing their service if you violate any of their terms of service. ShareFile may also obtain monetary or equitable relief that it deems necessary under the violation circumstance.
ShareFile can also suspend your account if:
- The violation constitutes unfair and unlawful business practices.
- There is suspicious unauthorized access to your software.
- Your software interferes with the company's rights and customers.
If you have a repeated violation of ShareFile terms of service, the company may ban your account.
What to Do if You Were Banned From ShareFile
Whenever users search for a company's terms of service, they've likely already had their account banned. With DoNotPay's 'Unban My Account' product, you now have control in your hands.
Restoring a banned ShareFile account depends on why it was banned. If you feel it was unjustly banned, don't hesitate to appeal. DoNotPay can help you achieve that. We will generate a demand letter with a deadline and send it to ShareFile with a request to restore your account.
How to Analyze ShareFile Terms of Service on Your Own
When analyzing ShareFile terms of service, ensure you consider the following items:
- Will ShareFile share my information?
- Can I opt out of the service at any time?
- Arbitration, where I can sue if necessary
- Waivers or releases. Am I handing ShareFile the ability to use my content, and am I signing off my claim against them?
- Segments in ALL CAPS. Always read out any section written in all caps, as they usually contain vital information.
Research shows that 97% of adults aged 18-34 usually agree to a service's terms and conditions without reading through them. This is because the terms of service are generally long and have confusing jargon that an average person may not understand. Additionally, studies show that the average consumer may take up to 76 days to finish reading all terms of service.
While doing it yourself can get the job done and help you find the hidden details in the fine print, it takes a lot of time and energy to read through the whole document.
Analyze ShareFile Terms of Service With DoNotPay
- Go to the Analyze Terms and Services product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the website domain you would like to scan.
- Wait for DoNotPay to identify any legal violations on the website (it should only take a few seconds!) If there are violations, proceed to drafting a demand letter.
- Enter how much you want to receive in compensation and the company name.
- Enter your contact information so the company can contact you.
And you're done. DoNotPay will write a demand letter to ShareFile on your behalf with the legal violations so that you can send it.
Analyze Any Company's Terms of Service for Potential Compensation
Why Use DoNotPay?
- Fast: You won't spend hours analyzing the company's terms of service.
- Easy: You won't struggle to draft a demand letter.
- Successful: You can rest easy knowing we'll make the best case for you should there be any violations of the TOS.
How to Sue ShareFile for TOS Violations
If ShareFile doesn't comply with your request for compensation, you can accelerate the issue in a small claims court using our 'Sue Now' feature.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay takes away the hassle of having to deal with bureaucratic issues. Our services include helping you:
- Deal with bills you're unable to pay
- Contest parking tickets
- Get chargebacks and refunds from companies
- Create standardized legal documents
DoNotPay is your go-to solution for analyzing ShareFile terms of service.