How to Deal With Sequim Debt Collector
In a simple world, paying debts would be straightforward. You would deal with your own account balance without being hounded by debt collectors and bombarded with scams. You wouldn't have to decide if any phone call regarding your finances was legitimate or an attempt to get you to send money into a scammer's wallet. When you get a call from a new, there's always a question of whether it's a new owner of your debts or a fraud artist looking for a payout.
So, is Can you trust Sequium Asset Solutions? We're here to help you make safe decisions when handling debt collectors, debt collection scams, and defending your rights to fair debt collection practices.
Is Sequium Asset Solutions a Sequim Debt Collector?
There is some confusion about the difference between debt collectors from the small seaside town of Sequim, WA, and the large debt collection agency located in Marietta, GA.
If you have received a call from under the name of Sequium Asset Solutions, this is a known debt collection agency. They are technically legitimate and may own real debts from your previous creditors.
However, Sequim debt collection is a relatively small market due to the low population along the Washington peninsula coast. See the difference? It's the second "u" after the "i" in Sequium.
|Company||Sequim Asset Solutions|
|Mailing Address||1130 Northchase Pkwy
Marietta, GA 30067
|Phone Number||(877) 362-8766|
|Email or Contact Formfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Is the Sequium Debt Collector Legitimate?
Yes, if you spell it with the second "u". The debt collector Sequium Asset Solutions is a legitimate debt management company that collects debts from thousands of "clients".
However, if you get calls from "Sequim" debt collectors or "Sequim Asset Solutions" this misspelling may represent a poor spoofing of a legitimate debt collector company. Stay on your toes and do not give your information to a fraudulent debt collection agency.
Your Rights When Dealing With Sequium Debt Collectors
The federal government passed the FDCPA or Fair Debt Collection Practices Act which defines a debt holder's rights and limits the actions of debt collectors. This means that you are protected from many of the most common and most abusive tactics used by debt collectors like Sequium Asset Solutions.
Your Debt Collection Rights According to the FDCPA
- The right to privacy, not having your debt status shared
- The right to written debt verification
- The right to limit how debt collectors contact you
- The right not to be threatened, harassed, or lied to
- The right to be contacted during reasonable hours
- Typically between 8AM and 9PM
- The right to ask debt collectors to speak only to your lawyer
- The right to be spoken to respectfully without slurs or profanity
How to Respond to Sequim Debt Collectors
Have you been contacted by a group identifying themselves as Sequim debt collectors? Be cautious. Find out exactly who you are dealing with and whether their claim on some of your debt is legitimate.
If it is Sequium Asset Solutions, these are legitimate debt collectors and should be dealt with accordingly.
- Request a debt validation letter
- Request not to be contacted, or only contacted through your lawyer
- Define the hours you are available for contact
- Only verify debt that is still valid
If the debt collectors are not a valid and known collection company, you may need to report them for fraud to your local police department. DoNotPay can help you file a police report as well.
How to Deal with Sequim Debt Collectors with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you deal with both legitimate and illegitimate . If you are dealing with an established debt company like Sequium Asset Solutions, we will help you request validation letters, manage your contact permissions, and report debt collectors for crossing legal boundaries for harassment.
For an illegitimate debt collection company, we can help you report the operator for fraud to protect you and others from the debt collection scam.
Here's how it works:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that's it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they're no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Helpful Links to Common Debt Collection Questions
We can help you deal with debt collectors in a number of ways. Whether you're looking to deal with a specific debt and especially abusive debt collector, or need to sever connections with zombie debt, DoNotPay can help.
- Learn How to Deal with Debt Collectors
- Learn About ECR Debt Collection
- Can Debt Collectors Take Your Stimulus Check?
- How to Deal with Debt Collectors
- Learn About Medical Debt Collection
- How Often do Debt Collectors Take You to Court?
- How Long Can Debt Collectors Try to Collect a Debt?
- How to Negotiate with Debt Collectors
Why Use DoNotPay to Deal with Sequim Debt Collectors
You can not let anyone use a legitimate debt collecting agency in a scam with the name Sequim. DoNotPay will ensure that you are responding to a legitimate debt collector, in this case, Sequium Asset Solutions, LLC. Trust DoNotPay because we are:
- Fast- You do not have to spend so much time online looking for the proper information on your debt collector.
- Easy- You don’t have to fill out tedious forms that will help you file a dispute or complaint against your debt collector.
- Successful- You can rest assured that we make the best case for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with a wide variety of useful tasks and administrative chores. We can make phone calls, write the letters, and send the checks that get lost in your inbox. Let us handle the tedious stuff so you can focus on the things that really matter like time with family and learning new hobbies. DoNotPay is here to help you save time and money with everything you do.
- Clean Your Credit Report
- How to Cancel Accounts
- Find Missing Money
- Help with Bills
- Increase Credit Limit
- Financial Aid Appeal Letters