How to Handle Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors Debt Collectors
There are a lot of reasons why someone might accumulate a lot of debt. It can sometimes be attributed to a serious illness or other unforeseen circumstance, putting you behind on paying bills. You might be negotiating with creditors to formulate a payment plan - and when this happens, constant phone calls from debt collection agencies aren't exactly helpful.
If you have heard from a debt collection agency claiming to be Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors debt collectors, you probably have some questions. You will need to determine if the agency is legitimate before you provide them with any personal information - and DoNotPay can help with that.
DoNotPay is a fast and convenient way to guide you through any debt collection questions that you might have, including questions regarding SCM Solicitors debt collectors.
What You Need to Know About Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors
Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors debt collectors, also known as SCM Solicitors, was an in-house debt collection department for Lloyds Banking Group. It was dissolved in 2011 and does not appear to be in practice anymore. However, the title SCM Solicitors is still being used as part of Lloyds Banking Group’s litigation team.
Additionally, you could be contacted by an agency claiming to be Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors. If this happens, here are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- Don't offer up any of your personal information prior to having the agency verified.
- Do not pay any bills or give out any of your banking information.
- Be aware that the call could be a mistake and listen for any identifiers that the agency might have contacted you in error.
- Don't hesitate to ask tough questions.
You can reach out through the last known contact details of Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors:
|Address||PO Box 499
Lower Ground Floor
1 - 5 Queens Road Quadrant
|Contact Number||0808 145 0370|
|Number they call from||0870 2407158|
|Website||Check out Lloyds Bank|
Why Would You Be Contacted by Debt Collectors?
Debt collection agencies are often hired by banks, medical practices, and other businesses when they want to collect an unresolved debt from a consumer, patient, or customer. There are many reasons why a company might turn to a debt collection agency, but in many cases, payments are simply late.
Other reasons why they are reaching out to you may include:
- To validate a debt
- To confirm the identity of another debtor who may be related to you
- To work out a payment plan if you have an existing debt
It's also very possible that the company is reaching out to you in error. Mistakes are made every day by businesses and if this happens, you shouldn't have to bear the brunt of their accounting error.
DoNotPay can help you determine if the calls are accurate, and help you understand if your consumer rights are being violated. It's not always easy to know when you are being scammed, so it's important to have the right resources on your side if you are contacted by an unscrupulous agency.
Are Your Rights Being Violated?
If you suspect that your consumer rights are being violated, you could have a case for being harassed by debt collectors. Debt collection agencies are prohibited from:
- Making repeated calls throughout the day
- Calling you outside of the permitted window which is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Threatening to take legal action or using threats in general
- Contacting debtors through social media
- Showing up at your home or place of business without permission
- Using confusing terminologies to deceive you
In most cases, non-payment of a debt is not a criminal offense, so any call that mentions legal action should be immediately regarded as suspicious.
DoNotPay understands how difficult any financial crisis can be and we have seen how much debtors can suffer under the pressure of collectors. Unfortunately, collecting on debts is how collection agencies make money but any form of harassment is just not acceptable.
We hear you and we are here to help.
Turn to DoNotPay to Easily Handle Debt Collectors
If you believe you are being harassed by Sechiari, Clark and Mitchell Solicitors debt collectors or you simply want to check the legitimacy of the debt they say you owe, DoNotPay got you covered.
To get started, just follow these simple steps:
- Search “debt collection” on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
That's all there is to it! DoNotPay can walk you through every step of the process, from verifying the debt up to settling or disputing it, whichever road you choose to go. DoNotPay helps level the playing field so you can stop living in fear!
DoNotPay Works on All Debt Collectors Across the UK
Whether the debt is legitimate or not, DoNotPay provides a fast and effective way to tackle debt troubles without the sky-high costs.
Below are some collection agencies that we’ve dealt with in the past:
- Marston Group Holdings
- Amigo Loans
- Moorcroft Debt Recovery
- Lowell Financial
- Provident Loans
- Advantis Debt Collection
- DWP Debt Management
DoNotPay is not limited to just providing debt help. Users ultimately find more ways to use the app after getting outstanding assistance with their debt issues. Here are a few other tasks that you can easily accomplish using DoNotPay:
- Increase your credit limit
- Cancel an unnecessary service
- Sue in small claims court
- Avoid getting charged when free trials expire
- Find missing money
- Pay bills online
- Get help with burdensome bills
- File a complaint against any business
It’s easy to feel defeated when dealing with debt and other financial issues but we’re here to make you win. If you are looking for a legal expert that does not entail massive attorney’s fees, sign up with DoNotPay and watch your problems get solved one at a time.