Getting Scholarships for High School Students Made Simple
High school is a pivotal part of your life. Early preparations—such as looking and applying for college scholarships—can play a crucial role in securing funding for your dream college and ultimately help your parents save significant amounts of money.
This guide breaks down the steps you need to take to get scholarships for high school students so you can enroll in your freshman year of college prepared!
Most scholarships for high school students target juniors or seniors, but you can find awards for freshmen and sophomores as well. With numerous scholarships and grants at their disposal, high school students can easily get confused about which ones they qualify for. An easy way to check your eligibility is to find the requirements of the award you want to apply for.
To qualify for high school scholarships, you might have to:
- Have a grade-point average (GPA) and SAT and ACT scores that are above an established limit
- Participate in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate financial need
- Create an educational plan
- Be a:
Here’s how you can secure scholarships before starting college:
- Start searching for scholarships early—you should start thinking about your future career path and working on getting scholarships in your freshman year
- Maintain academic progress
- Double-check the application requirements for each scholarship you plan on competing for
- Prepare the required paperwork
- Pay attention to the application deadlines
- Get involved in extracurricular activities, such as:
- Get a part-time job during school breaks and holidays so you can add valuable work experience to your resume
- Prepare yourself for the interview you’ll have if you pass the first evaluation phase
To maximize your chances of getting scholarships while you’re in high school, consider applying for no-essay scholarships. The application process for no-essay awards usually consists of a form you need to complete—no essays required.
Applying for no-essay scholarships takes up too much of your time and effort, but DoNotPay can help! Sign up and let our app apply for no-essay scholarships on your behalf automatically! With DoNotPay, you’ll use your time more efficiently and increase your chances of getting the financial aid you need.
With so many high school scholarships available, you may find yourself confused about where to start your search. Luckily, there are many different scholarships to choose from, each catering to different student categories.
To understand the different types of scholarships for high school students, check the table below:
|Award Issuer||Field of Study||Renewability||Candidate Selection Criteria|
Check the table below to learn about some of the most generous scholarship opportunities for high school students of different categories:
|Category||Scholarships and Awards|
|Scholarships for high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors||
|Scholarships for high school graduates||
|Scholarships for schools||Universities and colleges typically offer plenty of institutional scholarships to incoming students. To learn about the opportunities, consult the financial aid department of the school you want to apply to|
|High school scholarships for international students||
Now that you know all you need to apply for scholarships for high school students successfully, it’s time to find those you qualify for. The issue with looking for scholarships is that the resources are scattered. To get the information you need, you would have to knock on many doors, including:
- Federal and state agencies
- Colleges and universities you’re considering
- Private foundations and organizations
Online search tools often offer incomplete application requirements. There is a better alternative to each of these methods, though!
DoNotPay can help you find scholarships you’re eligible for in a matter of minutes and from the comfort of your home! Not only does our app assist you with high school scholarships, but you can count on it to help you even in your graduate and doctoral studies.
To get started:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account
- Search for the Apply for Scholarships feature
- Answer a few short questions about your qualifications, such as your field and level of study
After completing all steps, you can browse through a custom-generated list of scholarships with clearly stated awards and application deadlines.
If you’re on a tight schedule and you can’t afford to spend hours running errands, DoNotPay steps in with a perfect solution! You can skip going to the post office to request an item return or visiting a notary public to get your documents notarized—Our app will help you get it all done without going anywhere!
Visiting your local Walmart to have your passport photo taken is unnecessary since DoNotPay can help you get it at home!
Consult the list below to see what other tasks you can complete using our app:
- Send letters to your incarcerated loved ones
- Request gift card cash back
- Contest parking tickets
- Sign up for various clinical trials
- File insurance and warranty claims
- Lower your property taxes
- Request refunds from airline companies
- Simplify mailing services
Companies tend to keep charging their clients monthly subscription fees automatically if they don’t end their subscriptions. Stop wasting money on forgotten memberships—DoNotPay will show you how to terminate your subscription in a few clicks!