A Guide to Finding a Scholarship for Asians
Nothing should stop you from achieving your education goals, not even the ever-rising college costs in the United States. Many students rely on various forms of financial aid to meet their schooling expenses. If you wish to finance your education without taking student loans, scholarships and grants are your best option.
Organizations and schools provide numerous scholarships to ethnic groups—such as Asians, Filipinos, Africans, and Hispanics—to promote diversity in American learning institutions. The eligibility requirements for the programs vary, but you’ll probably find at least one scholarship for Asians that you qualify for if you know where to look.
As an Asian student in the U.S., you have many opportunities to land a scholarship. Besides ethnicity, you may need to meet other requirements—such as having stellar grades or U.S. citizenship—to qualify for some scholarships for Asians.
Here’s our list of top scholarships for Asian students and their eligibility requirements to get you started:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Requirements|
|Helen and L.S. Wong Memorial Scholarship||
|Chi Am Circle Scholarship for High School Students||
|U.S. Pan Asian Chamber of Commerce||
|Queer Asian and Pacific Islander Pride Scholarship Fund||
While you may find numerous opportunities targeting students with Asian heritage, you should not rule out the general ones. The easiest way to start searching for scholarships for Asians and other, general types of financial aid is by filing the FAFSA, which determines the federal programs you qualify for.
Other options include:
- Consulting your high school or college guidance counselors—They are informed and can help you discover the scholarships that suit your profile
- Exploring local organizations—Some organizations may offer scholarships tailored to students in your region
- Visiting the financial aid office in your school—Most institutions offer scholarships based on different factors like merit, the field of study, and financial need
- Checking with advocacy groups for minorities and underserved communities, for instance, women, international students, veterans, senior citizens, foster kids, Black women, transgender students, etc.
- Checking with your state’s education agencies—Nearly every state has scholarships and grants dedicated solely to its residents
- Exploring professional associations in your field of study—Most offer scholarships to their members or students pursuing certain majors
- Searching using other criteria, such as:
- Location—You can find scholarships that are offered to students from a certain geographic location
- Target career—This allows you to find scholarships meant for students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, computer science, poetry, creative writing, political science, nursing, pharmacy, music, arts, etc.
- Education level (high school senior, college, graduate school, etc.)
All these approaches work and can help you find a number of scholarships, but they can be rather time-consuming. Why not speed up the process? DoNotPay can compile a list of all the scholarships that you are eligible for in a few minutes. Find scholarships that suit you in one place by signing up for our platform.
The application guidelines vary from one program to another, which is why you should review the program details on the provider’s official website. Most providers may need certain paperwork to determine whether you qualify, such as:
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- School transcripts
- The FAFSA
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Proof of acceptance to a school
- Asian ethnicity documentation
Navigating the lists of available scholarships can be overwhelming. You will need days to sort out the programs that suit you best. With DoNotPay, you can skip completing numerous steps and start applying for scholarships now. We can help you find and learn all about the scholarships you qualify for and apply for no-essay scholarships in a few clicks.
All you need to do is:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Find the Apply for Scholarships product
- Provide your personal details
Our AI-powered app will use the information you provide to get you a list of all the scholarships you’re eligible for in a minute.
We all know that dealing with bureaucracy isn’t pleasant, and it often leads to overwhelming frustration. The good news is that DoNotPay has found a workaround! You can now do the following by using our app:
- Obtain a tourist visa for any country
- Appeal your parking tickets
- File a complaint against workplace discrimination
- Request returns or late delivery refunds
- Draw up and send financial aid appeals
- Get in touch with consulates and embassies
- Handle account bans and suspensions
- File FOIA requests
Drafting contracts and other legal documents isn’t a task you should handle on your own. Don’t want to spend a fortune on lawyers? That is why DoNotPay—the world’s first robot lawyer—is here to take the lead and help you out! Check out the list below to see some of the legal documents that our app can draft for you:
We don’t stop there! Cut through the red tape and let DoNotPay assist you in taking anyone to small claims court, getting your documents notarized, submitting anonymous HR complaints, or requesting crime victims’ compensation.