How To Easily Stop Collection Notices From SBCS Debt Collections
Are you receiving debt collection notices from SBCS Debt Collections? SBCS Debt Collections mails notices and calls you after purchasing debt from your original lender. Is there an easy way to stop the agency from contacting you?
There are several ways to dispute a debt collection notice and stop SBCS Debt Collections from bothering you with calls and letters. This blog will introduce you to SBCS Debt Collections and guide you through removing collections notices from your credit report and disputing debt collections notices from SBCS Debt Collections. We will also highlight the simple way to stop debt collections using DoNotPay and help you learn how to deal with debt collectors.
DoNotPay assists users with the following debt collection issues:
- Find the statute of limitations on debt collection by state
- ERC Debt Collection
- Send a dispute letter to a debt collector
- Learn how to negotiate with debt collectors
- Learn how to deal with debt collectors
- How often do debt collectors take you to court?
- Can debt collectors take your stimulus check?
- Medical debt collection
- Learn how long debt collectors try to collect
What Is SBCS Debt Collections?
SBCS Debt Collections or SB&C, LTD. is a debt collections agency that buys debt from lenders. They are known for their constant interruptions of consumers by phone and mail. SB&C, LTD. has been in operation since 1943 and collects in the Northwest region of the United States. Their clients include utility companies, automotive lenders, financial institutions, and medical lenders.
How Can You Contact SB&C, LTD?
If you want to contact SB&C to make a payment or talk to a representative, you can find their contact information below:
|Online Payment Portal||Make a Payment|
|Phone Number||(360) 848-6552|
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 519 Mount Vernon, WA 98273|
|In-Person||1520 E. College Way Mount Vernon, WA 98273 (call to schedule an appointment)|
What Are Your Rights As a Consumer?
As a consumer, you are guaranteed certain protections from unethical debt collection practices under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act( FDCPA). You can ask SB&C to stop calling you and report calls at unusual or unwanted hours to the FTC. You can also ask the debt collector to call your attorney. If you suspect the debt is not yours, you may request a debt validation by sending a written request within five days of receiving their first call or letter.
Remove SBCS Debt Collections From Your Credit Report
A collection notice from SBCS Debt Collections or SB&C, LTD. listed on your credit report can be frustrating. A debt collection notice from SB&C, LTD. can impact your credit in the following ways:
- Reduce your credit score
- Prevent lenders from issuing credit and loans to you
- Reduce the credit limit lenders will offer you
- Increase your interest rates on new loans
If you already paid the outstanding balance, the debt is invalid, or over 7 years old, you can dispute the collection. Use the contact information above to reach out to SB&C, LTD. to negotiate the removal of the debt. You can also contact the major credit bureaus, TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian to ask them to remove the collection notice. DoNotPay's Clean Credit Report product makes it easy to eliminate a debt collection notice from your credit report using your mobile device.
How To Dispute a Debt Collection From SBCS Debt Collections
You can dispute your collection notice from SBCS Debt Collections or SB&C, LTD. using several methods. Consider the following steps before contacting SB&C, LTD. to dispute a debt collection notice:
- Pay the Debt: If you believe the debt collection is legitimate and you have the money, you can pay the debt to stop collections notices.
- Request Debt Validation: If SB&C first contacted you within 5 days, you can mail a written request for debt validation. A debt validation letter puts the burden of proof on the collections agency, if they cannot prove the debt is yours, they must stop trying to collect from you.
- Negotiate a Smaller Amount or Repayment in Installments: Debt collectors rely on extensive resources to ensure you pay your debt. They may be willing to negotiate to avoid a long and expensive legal fight. Negotiating a lower payment amount or breaking the repayment into smaller installments can be mutually beneficial.
- Rely on DoNotPay: DoNotPay is the fast and easy way to successfully dispute a debt collections notice with SB&C.
Dispute Debt Collections From SBCS Debt Collections With Help From DoNotPay
Stopping harassing calls and notices from SBCS Debt Collections or SB&C, LTD. can be frustrating. You may be ready to hire an expensive attorney to help you solve the problem but consider a less costly solution. DoNotPay makes stopping calls from debt collectors quick and easy from your web browser or mobile device.
Here's how it works:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
And that's it! Once you choose the course of action you want to take, DoNotPay will handle the rest. We'll deliver your request directly to the debt collectors via first-class mail, or file your complaint automatically with the CFPB so that they're no longer able to use unfair debt collection practices.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With Issues Other Than Debt?
DoNotPay can help you deal with debt collectors and solve numerous financial, legal, and customer service problems. We help our users with the following every day:
- Request a Credit Limit Increase
- Cancel a Subscription or Membership
- Clean Debt Collections From Your Credit Report
- Get Help With Your Bills
Sign up and stop debt collection notices today with help from DoNotPay.